Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

You get 1600ft crystal clear HD reception on a P3S I have seen it in action with trees in full leave and building in the way too!! - Why have more as its distance is limited to this by the GO app anyway - it cant go any further.!!
Looking forward to proving you wrong. upgraded antennas for remote and fpv might surprise us all. I have been tinkering with this stuff for years and you are only limited by the technology so if you have the best tek then who knows what barriers you can break.

I'll be watching your outcome with interest :)

I have seen it in action with trees in full leave and building in the way too!! -
You not saying you flew behind a building and still had FPV are ya ?
Naaa I must have read that wrong !

popcorn.gif
following

Reactions: dirkclod
You not saying you flew behind a building and still had FPV are ya ?
Naaa I must have read that wrong !

---- You read correct! - Around a large brick building with trees - no problems Zero break up!! With standard setup - no need to mess!

---- You read correct! - Around a large brick building with trees - no problems Zero break up!! With standard setup - no need to mess!
Well that settles that then ! I will have ta have it .:)
My 2.4 on the Vision would never see through brick or heavy foliage..It would just always hit RTH when the TX and RX were separated so to speak !
I do think though from looking where the 2.4 antennas and 5.8 ones are located in the bird it can be modded with external antennas and before ya say ..why..
Well I will say cause you can and I like modding :) A little time will tell all though ..eh ;)

I'm hoping to get around 2 or 3 km. but anything beyond 1 km I'd be happy.
Regardless of the outcome... your efforts could produce many happy people in the coming months. (i respect your perseverance through the flac.)

Along with adding antenna mods to your P3S, and "If" the P3S can use an external WiFi Range Extender (instead of its controllers built in extender), then something like shown below could be possible:
  • 5.8ghz RC repeater
  • 2.4ghz WiFi repeater
  • GoPro type suction cup mount
  • Performance Boost Option: <-- add the external antenna mods to the repeaters
Then the P3S can do something the P3A or P3P can't come close to doing:

REDbird Helper-Car Mount.jpg

Would love it if someone would please post a picture of what's inside the P3S controller. Have not seen any yet.

Would love it if someone would please post a picture of what's inside the P3S controller. Have not seen any yet.
We waiting on Dataa2 to post some as soon as he gets his panel . :)
I have looked everywhere as a few have and not seen one no where. We will soon I hope :)

I did try something like that before I added antennas Z but was just for the 5.8 as after I added the RE700 I could see farther than I could go with the 5.8 and It did help but this is a new ball game now !

We waiting on Dataa2 to post some as soon as he gets his panel . :)
I have looked everywhere as a few have and not seen one no where. We will soon I hope :)

Panel gets delivered tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend. It will be rainy here all weekend so no flight testing other than indoors but you'll all get to see inside the RC ;D But You never know if there's a break in the rain you'll bet I'll be out there testing it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Panel gets delivered tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend. It will be rainy here all weekend so no flight testing other than indoors but you'll all get to see inside the RC ;D But You never know if there's a break in the rain you'll bet I'll be out there testing it.
Good luck and can't wait to see them innards !
monker thumbup.gif

Guys:

This is all bulls***.
The best way was if DJI could produce on the control a external plug female BNC, so we could connect a external cable to a antenna, directive for instance, or even a amplifier.

This is the "serious" stuff for real man. Not a mambo jumbo pieces of aluminium beyond the antenna.....

Just a thought from a ham....

Reactions: Mark Y
Guys:

This is all bulls***.
If ya don't have anything to add but say we can't do anything to mod this why did you even bother to post .
If ya don't want to get involved with anything positive in this then don't read the thread ! o_O
Go read with the
"serious" stuff for real man
Just a thought from a modder .

One question:

Did you ever build antennas? Are you a radio operator?

If not......no logic in your argumentation....and yes i also modded my phones, car, CD, PC, you name it...

P.S - Reading more carefully what i did said, from a technical point of view of someone that understand about radio antennas, all clues and solutions are on my previous comment....sorry you couldn`t figure out..

One question:

Did you ever build antennas? Are you a radio operator?

If not......no logic in your argumentation....and yes i also modded my phones, car, CD, PC, you name it...
Nope but have been messing phantoms for awhile and just saying we didn't get where we got by listening to people like you
saying we can't !
Like I said if you don't have anything to add positive then just don't add at all !

The insides have 2 patch antennas for 2.4Ghz , we can amp those easily with tiny amps inside the controller.
For the 5.8Ghz we have also a small patch 8dBi gain and we can amp that as well.

Agree.
The ideal would be enter the inside controller, access the power source/reception and make a cable shield connection to the exterior, for instance.

Then we could have liberty to use a directive antenna, or even a external amplifier...

Did see some users on the net using external directive antennas. Only using this would boost may times reception and emission....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.