Phantom 3 Standard and Samsung Gear Vr

Reaction score
Hi there, I know there have been many discussions on this but I was hoping for further insight from a Phantom 3 Standard Owner. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7 as well as the Samsung Gear VR. I am looking to use my Gear VR with my Phantom 3 Standard to experience FPV with a drone/quadcopter. If anyone has done this specifically using a Phantom 3 Standard, please let me know as well as how you went about doing so. Any apps and methods used would be greatly appreciated.

I am not beginner pilot, however, I am a beginner with the VR headset. I'm sure I could easily figure it out after many attempts and research online but was hoping that a fellow P3S owner could help or give advise.

Any tips or steps are welcomed as well as appreciated.

Safe flying everyone!

I have never tried it myself but from what I have read, you can't do it with the standard because it doesn't have the HDMI port which is needed. On the other hand I have seen a mod that you can buy a unit that replaces the part under your remote and that will give you HDMI.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe after this mod you can try getting it to work.

Thank you for the input but I have read multiple threads on this forum as well as dji forums stating and confirming that it has been done with a Phantom 3 standard and a Samsung Gear VR headset. They have also stated that it is easier with the standard as there is no HDMI needed due to the fact that the P3S does not have an HDMI input or output, it connects through wifi and the app (litchi, drone vr, etc) I am just looking for a P3S pilot to confirm with me that it does in fact work and then request further details on how they connected. I appreciate your information though, but I am not willing to mod my controller or drone because of the fact that it has been nothing but good to me. I've heard and read a lot of horror stories of all phantom owners, regardless of having a standard, advanced or pro that when moding or using 3rd party apps, there bird/ drone has failed in flight or crashed due to app failure or even worse, fly aways.

Reactions: Solly747400
Thank you for the input but I have read multiple threads on this forum as well as dji forums stating and confirming that it has been done with a Phantom 3 standard and a Samsung Gear VR headset. They have also stated that it is easier with the standard as there is no HDMI needed due to the fact that the P3S does not have an HDMI input or output, it connects through wifi and the app (litchi, drone vr, etc) I am just looking for a P3S pilot to confirm with me that it does in fact work and then request further details on how they connected. I appreciate your information though, but I am not willing to mod my controller or drone because of the fact that it has been nothing but good to me. I've heard and read a lot of horror stories of all phantom owners, regardless of having a standard, advanced or pro that when moding or using 3rd party apps, there bird/ drone has failed in flight or crashed due to app failure or even worse, fly aways.
I tried to use the Samsung vr set and had troubles keeping the samsung app from loading,the best option for me was to just buy a cheap vr headset and use the litchi app for vr flight.there are other apps that are free but in my case the video lagged bad and was basically unusable.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried to use the Samsung vr set and had troubles keeping the samsung app from loading,the best option for me was to just buy a cheap vr headset and use the litchi app for vr flight.there are other apps that are free but in my case the video lagged bad and was basically unusable.

Thank you very much for that information. that was very helpful. I was just wondering what others have tried.

Do you own a P3s and had tried the Gear VR with your Standard?

Thank you very much for that information. that was very helpful. I was just wondering what others have tried.

Do you own a P3s and had tried the Gear VR with your Standard?

Yes I have a standard,I use the cheap vr gear headsets they sell on eBay. The Samsung will work fine if you can keep the Samsung app from opening.i downloaded some apps to keep it from opening but they made my phone lag some

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes I have a standard,I use the cheap vr gear headsets they sell on eBay. The Samsung will work fine if you can keep the Samsung app from opening.i downloaded some apps to keep it from opening but they made my phone lag some

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What if I somehow got my phone to stay in the Samsung Gear VR headset without connecting it to the port? I haven't downloaded litchi or any 3rd party app to fly the drone. I was also wondering if you have a preferred app that allows you to view your fpv in VR. If I can find a decent app that works well and doesn't crash, I'm sure I could figure out a way to get the phone to stay in the Gear VR hedset without actually connecting it to the headset itself that way bypassing any complications with the oculus app trying to open.

I really appreciate your quick responses and your helpful information.

What if I somehow got my phone to stay in the Samsung Gear VR headset without connecting it to the port? I haven't downloaded litchi or any 3rd party app to fly the drone. I was also wondering if you have a preferred app that allows you to view your fpv in VR. If I can find a decent app that works well and doesn't crash, I'm sure I could figure out a way to get the phone to stay in the Gear VR hedset without actually connecting it to the headset itself that way bypassing any complications with the oculus app trying to open.

I really appreciate your quick responses and your helpful information.
That would work if you can keep the oculus app from opening the gear vr will work fine.there are several vr apps for use with the headsets some are free.download them and give them a try to see if they work for you

That would work if you can keep the oculus app from opening the gear vr will work fine.there are several vr apps for use with the headsets some are free.download them and give them a try to see if they work for you

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app[/QUOTE

Thank you again,

I downloaded Litchi, Payed for it obviously. Great Experience so far. I deleted my DJI app though due to specifications with Litchi. It ended up working great with good range. I will be using this almost all the time now. Thank you again.

Reactions: xxxntwv

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.