Phantom 3 Spare Parts Pricing - Battery, Backpack, Cameras, Chargers, Props

Mike/Travis

Will the Hood for the Tablet fit in the GPC case slot? When they come in Monday could you check.
Thanks Tim

Tim, can definitely check on that for you. GPC Hard Case you are referring to correct?

I do not believe they do. Monday will be the first time that we see DJI's Hoods. Supposedly they attache with velcro. I personally am hoping that is not velcro to the device but I won't be able to confirm anything until Monday when I have one of these in my hands. Will report back.
Thanks!-- I have one that I ordered off Amazon, that looks identical, it has the rubber suction cups, and those will not allow the Ipad to cool sufficiently while in operation. This causes flickering and loss of picture when flying. the IOS processors create a lot of heat, so the back of the hood need to be open to the air. These hoods are still a work in progress-- more R&D is needed to get them designed properly.
If you have time, have your staff run some tests on then with IPads in the direct sun and see if there is overheating.

Tim, can definitely check on that for you. GPC Hard Case you are referring to correct?

Yep the Big one loving it.... Hard Case

Reactions: Advexure
I would think that this would be an important spare part for an Phantom 3 pilot. I will order one when you get them in stock just to have on hand.

One of those things you hope you will never need but could really come in handy if need be ;)

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Phantom 3 Replacement Cameras are CONFIRMED for arrival on Monday, both the 4K and HD Cameras. At 12:30 CST, we still have a few of each available.

4K: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-4k-camera-part-5/
HD: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-hd-camera-part-6/

DJI Monitor Hoods are arriving in on Monday as well. Those can be found on our website here:

For Smartphones: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-remote-controller-monitor-hood-smartphones/
For Tablets: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-remote-controller-monitor-hood-tablets/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Did the Hoods come in the site still showing Monday?

Are you sure the shells are going to be in stock on Friday the 24th and ready to ship? If so, I'll preorder right now

Did the Hoods come in the site still showing Monday?

They have! Not sure why this isn't updated on the site but I will make sure that gets updated ASAP. Also I will give a hood a test in the GPC case within the hour. Sorry, it's been a hectic week around here!

They have! Not sure why this isn't updated on the site but I will make sure that gets updated ASAP. Also I will give a hood a test in the GPC case within the hour. Sorry, it's been a hectic week around here!

Thanks going to order now... Just thought if it fits the GPC that would be cool. I always forget to pitch my home made one in the JEEP! :)

All done looking forward to the new addition...

Last edited:
Ordered. Thanks. I have vacation on Aug 6th. Please don't make me regret ordering it. Lol

has anyone installed a new camera/gimbal? does it need to be related with firmware to match the bird?

Ordered. Thanks. I have vacation on Aug 6th. Please don't make me regret ordering it. Lol

That will ship today.

has anyone installed a new camera/gimbal? does it need to be related with firmware to match the bird?

If you install an HD Camera on a Phantom 3 Pro you must use the Advanced Firmware update to update the camera. Vice versa if you install a 4K camera on an Advanced unit.

When future updates are released yoru update process on an Advanced model with a 4K Camera would be to first update it with the Advanced Firmware to update to the craft and then after that update you would run the Professional Firmware to update the camera.

Reactions: QuikSilver15

Just a follow up...
Thank you received the hood today nice quality looks good on the controller vs my black cardboard.
Just a note to Nexus 7 owners a little modding will need to be done for the usb cable to power port location its a little lower.
I mite be able to put something at the bottom of the nexus that will bring it in line.

Look forward...... I think to the shells, waiting to see what a PINA it mite be to replace.
It's nice to have a loyal distributor like you guys.

Almost forgot the Tablet Hood slips into the GPC hard Case like it was made for it! :)

The DJI Harness was a great gift! Thanks again for that! I forget to take it off after flying and my Wife is threatening to put a dog leash on the back to walk me around. :)

Safe Flying!
Tim OUT

For those who have received their shells.....do the LED covers come with it? Is the bracket that the main board screws onto part of the bottom shell? Thanks!

Finding a lens cover for the P3 should be trivial, but essentially it's not. It's basically a small piece of plastic that weighs next to nothing, plus it's slim. However I haven't found any web shop or any seller on eBay with reasonable shipping costs outside the States. It would nicely fit into any normal letter sized envelope... But no, everyone seems to charge 20-40 bucks for shipping one. Any idea where I could buy one with a reasonable postage?

Finding a lens cover for the P3 should be trivial, but essentially it's not. It's basically a small piece of plastic that weighs next to nothing, plus it's slim. However I haven't found any web shop or any seller on eBay with reasonable shipping costs outside the States. It would nicely fit into any normal letter sized envelope... But no, everyone seems to charge 20-40 bucks for shipping one. Any idea where I could buy one with a reasonable postage?

I have a cover for you. I sent you a message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav