Phantom 3 SE will not lost signal

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Phantom 3 SE, its actually my second one because the first would not fly past 50 meters without losing the signal so DJI kindly replaced it.

With this second one I am unable to fly pas 120 meters in altitude and distance from the home point in a clear open area with no obstacles. I have tried two devices a Samsung galaxy tab A and a Huawei P9 Plus. I have the same result with both Android devices.

I have even tried to use a parabolic antenna and still it will not fly far.

Any ideas?

p.s Its not in beginner mode ;)

Let me try it. But first a number of questions.
- Which firmware do you use?
- Have you tried it in another location?
- What is your app-version?

... and point your flight location on this map and tell us if you see something strange (like No-Fly zone or something else).

Let me try it. But first a number of questions.
- Which firmware do you use?
- Have you tried it in another location?
- What is your app-version?

... and point your flight location on this map and tell us if you see something strange (like No-Fly zone or something else).

1. On the Map the area is clear for a very large radius. I live in the Country.
2. I have tried 3 different locations to try and discount interference and obstacles.
3. App Versions is DJI Go App 3.1.23.
4. Firmware is stock firmware automatically updated version 1.5.40

1. On the Map the area is clear for a very large radius. I live in the Country.
2. I have tried 3 different locations to try and discount interference and obstacles.
3. App Versions is DJI Go App 3.1.23.
4. Firmware is stock firmware automatically updated version 1.5.40
Firmware v1.5.40 and DJI Go app v3.1.23... The power of your drone is limited and without the FakeGPS trick you will not be able to change it.

Follow this thread and you will find a solution.

Hi I have recently got a p3 se and whenever I fly a few hundred feet away I lose video signal and yesterday the app closed and I could still control it and I wonder will what you said above help my problem and the camera feed is mostly quit laggy why could this be

Hi I have recently got a p3 se and whenever I fly a few hundred feet away I lose video signal and yesterday the app closed and I could still control it and I wonder will what you said above help my problem and the camera feed is mostly quit laggy why could this be

I bought a cheap range extender for my P3SE from Amazon...

I have never lost signal in VLOS

HiBloks Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Extender for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Signal Booster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y3RXB32?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

When you call a car garage and tell similar complaints about your car, what would be the first questions from your garage? Well, to give you good advice, I also have a number of questions.
Do you have this complaint in different locations?
Where in the world are you located?
Which firmware do you use?
Which app version do you use?
What kind of tablet or telephone do you use?

I bought a cheap range extender for my P3SE from Amazon...

I have never lost signal in VLOS

HiBloks Copper Parabolic Antenna Range Extender for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Signal Booster https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y3RXB32?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
In case of P3SE the external antenna is only for connection betwheen your mobile device and the controller. For connection betwheen controller and aircraft are used only the internal hidden antennas inside of controller.
Information was confirmed by DJI
I bought a windsurfer antenna too, but it's worthless in case of P3SE

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
In case of P3SE the external antenna is only for connection betwheen your mobile device and the controller. For connection betwheen controller and aircraft are used only the internal hidden antennas inside of controller.
Correct. If you follow the wire from the antenna on the image below (inside of the RC of a P3SE), you will see that it is connected to the WiFi controller.
Many users are convinced that the P3SE works according to 'Lightbridge' technology (A = sending, B = receiving). But so far I haven't seen any confirmation of this.

P3SE-remote.jpg

interesting... thanks for the info... so when you lose video signal ( looking at your device ) you have essentially lost signal between the AC and RC? That's the way I am interpreting what you are saying.... set me straight or let me know if I am correct...

Reactions: charlieb4
interesting... thanks for the info... so when you lose video signal ( looking at your device ) you have essentially lost signal between the AC and RC? That's the way I am interpreting what you are saying.... set me straight or let me know if I am correct...
Yes, it's absolutely accurate, as you say. If you wan't better connection, you can try some solution like Argtek antenna, witch gives better connection for internal antennas as well

OK.....If that's the case about the external antenna and its only transmitting between the Rc Unit and Mobile device why is it i have read many times here on this site that when Your Drone is right over head to move the single antenna Straight out for the best signal to the drone ! that's kinda of a nutty reply IF the antenna if only for the rc to mobile device eh !

Reactions: Dany3R9
OK.....If that's the case about the external antenna and its only transmitting between the Rc Unit and Mobile device why is it i have read many times here on this site that when Your Drone is right over head to move the single antenna Straight out for the best signal to the drone ! that's kinda of a nutty reply IF the antenna if only for the rc to mobile device eh !

That may seem crazy, but it isn't. When you use the small antenna as a guideline / orientation point, you know that your internal antennas always follow in the right way.

I'm convinced that the P3SE is a collection of 'residual waste' from the P3-series. In this P3 Special Edition all technique is collected that has been used before in previous P3's. The RC is an example of this. They used the house of the P3S, but the technology inside is the P3A.

That is why the P3SE has been very short and limited on the market.

HELP......Ok what Remote Control antenna is connecting to the WiFi on the drone then ..is it them wimpy square ones inside the size of a "cheese it' cracker If thats what the single external antenna for on the P3SE for , then why cant we just take a saw and cut it off..as you state it only transmits to the phones wifi or tablets wifi and thats only a few inches away !
!

Last edited:
If you want to buy a Argtek antenna, then buy a original one. Take this: ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 SE Range Extender 6 Antennas + Car Kit Remote Accessories | eBay

The are a lot of fake antennas.
I am a little apprehensive of the claims an ArgTek mod will improve the range of P3SE. All I think you are doing with this mod is to move your AC-RC antenna outside the RC (invalidating any warranty). Unless you compliment the AgrTak kit with some form of signal amplifier, I cant see how range would be significantly improved as your RC will still emit with the same power as the internally fitted antennas.
My P3SE was initially flying no more than 1,700ft and so I followed the (option 2) instructions in the link below. I can now fly more than 10,000ft with absolutely no hardware modification.
Link to instructions to change from CE to FCC mode for higher signal power and range:
Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Video showing comparison of CE and FCC modes (no hardware mods done):

HELP......Ok what Remote Control antenna is connecting to the WiFi on the drone then ..is it them wimpy square ones inside the size of a "cheese it' cracker If thats what the single external antenna for on the P3SE for , then why cant we just take a saw and cut it off..as you state it only transmits to the phones wifi or tablets wifi and thats only a few inches away !
!
!

Motorcycle man I think your theory about the external antenna makes the most sense. I’m not an expert. But once one of my newbie flights I was losing signal I started to freak out. Then I look down and my antenna was folded down. I put in the right position and no more problems. I’ve also block the signal with my fingers in the front and I started to get nervous again I look down at the rc. Hello. Lol

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
!
You can remove the outside antenna, it will not have effect on the range. This try was already made by one of our forum mate. The only risk is that circuit can go bust as cosequence. If you know the direction characteristic of an sense antenna, it is like this:
ferritepatternR.jpg

It means it is effective perpendicularly, but doesn't radiate in the direction of the antenna. If you change the direction of external antenna, you only try to find the position, which doesn't make the efficencie of internal antennas worser.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20