Phantom 3 SE Controller Disconnects when Phone is connected to WiFi.

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi, Im trying to find a solution to the Problem im having right now, I have a Phantom 3 SE, Andriod 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S9+, DJI GO App up to date, Can't Enable Hardware Decoding, Whenever i turn my drone and controller. Connect phone to wifi and go on dji go app not do anything and waiting, In a minute or two it starts disconnecting controller from the drone and it reconnects, disconnects, reconnect, repeat. There was no solution or anything similar online, Don't know if its software or a hardware issue. If anyone has a solution to this problem that will amazing!.

EDIT: It doesn't disconnect and reconnect when phone is NOT on dji go app and NOT connected to wifi, Weird.

EDIT #2: If I fly it, it doesn't do it, if I leave it idle it will do it. Thanks for reading and understanding!

Final EDIT: Good News! I "think" its fixed with a software update and sorry for not being on for a while. Im 13 years old and a month ago I did a trade my drone for a nintendo switch, i got the switch but my parents have my drone but i can still use it, dont know why but they want to use it for hunting but i think its pointless. Another thing is we havent touched or used the drone for less than a month. I usually have a mixed mind if I want to use it or not, I live in North Carolina and theres nothing much to capture. Thanks for trying to help me out!. I'll let you all know if i have another issue with my drone

Last edited:
Hi, Im trying to find a solution to the Problem im having right now, I have a Phantom 3 SE, Andriod 8.0 Samsung Galaxy S9+, DJI GO App up to date, Can't Enable Hardware Decoding, Whenever i turn my drone and controller. Connect phone to wifi and go on dji go app not do anything and waiting, In a minute or two it starts disconnecting controller from the drone and it reconnects, disconnects, reconnect, repeat. There was no solution or anything similar online, Don't know if its software or a hardware issue. If anyone has a solution to this problem that will amazing!.
See if airplane mode changes any result,

How am I supposed to see the video feed?
With the wifi, it is a wifi drone,,you might have to turn wifi back on when airplane mode goes on but it will conect,,airplane mode just help stop anything interfering

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
With the wifi, it is a wifi drone,,you might have to turn wifi back on when airplane mode goes on but it will conect,,airplane mode just help stop anything interfering
Didnt work EDIT: I'm in a hurricane and internet not working right now so nothing's interfering

Last edited:
Not conect,,my ps3 works like this that why I suggest it,I disapeared and get mine fired up and post pic of conected with airplane mode on,p3se sposed to have better wifi module so bit strange it not work,

Not conect,,my ps3 works like this that why I suggest it,I disapeared and get mine fired up and post pic of conected with airplane mode on,p3se sposed to have better wifi module so bit strange it not work,
Is it possible that the controllers Wi-Fi interferes to the drone? EDIT: It connects but in a minute or two it starts going in a loop of disconnecting and reconnecting

Here's mine ,conect sweet with airplane mode on,,,,,rc and AC make there own wifi,your device is just to receive,,,not saying your device no good but do you have another to eliminate the device causing this
Screenshot_20180916-092533.jpg

I did put mine to airplane mode it's the same result and I tried with the note 8, didnt work and same result

I did put mine to airplane mode it's the same result and I tried with the note 8, didnt work and same result
Might pay to send dji a email ,could be a issue with drone,,I go shop to top up me device and be back,no data left to search on this,

Got one question, Does indoors have inference when there's no wifi, no planes, and no towers nearby that use radio waves? Because I'm testing it indoors and it's raining outside

Got one question, Does indoors have inference when there's no wifi, no planes, and no towers nearby that use radio waves? Because I'm testing it indoors and it's raining outside
Should make no difference,I just turned mine all on inside,I'm just going to have a good search see what I can find

Is phone new Galaxy s9+ ,sounds flash enough,is it 5G capable ,,I just ask cause you can change your wifi on the se from 2.4 to 5.8 ,,,,this will not be possible if using older device,must be in your device setting somewhere,,mayby the 5.8 will work better
20180916_102256.jpg

In dji go app it was set to 5G on wifi settings and doesn't matter what channel it was on, still same effect

In dji go app it was set to 5G on wifi settings and doesn't matter what channel it was on, still same effect
OK I know it already linked but see if re linking will help (in app under rc linking),just to make sure they paired properly,,,very hard to find info for the se,,I go have another look

Okay I'll try EDIT: I tried linking RC and it still does it
Far out I searched all over,at least I learnt something ,,heaps of posts went through all specs I could find (only helpful bit was the galaxy s9+)not recommended device yet but neither is mine and works great ,I'm sure your device more than capable, as last resort some have tried to reinstall app,some work some don't, this has got under my skin so I be digging deeper

It's a Android problem. I have the same problem when I try to connect with an Android 7 device. But not only with the drone but also with an action camera. The problem is that Android 7 and Android 8 try to make contact with Google.com. That isn't possible (because there is no internet connnection). So, if it fails then the connection will be disconnected.

You may try to type on your device keybord: *#*#4636#*#* and set your connection to Global. In some cases it helps.

It's a Android problem. I have the same problem when I try to connect with an Android 7 device. But not only with the drone but also with an action camera. The problem is that Android 7 and Android 8 try to make contact with Google.com. That isn't possible (because there is no internet connnection). So, if it fails then the connection will be disconnected.

You may try to type on your device keybord: *#*#4636#*#* and set your connection to Global. In some cases it helps.
Thanks. It helps me but when I am at home and have a poorer quality of the Home Wifi Network, my device switches directly to cellular.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic