Phantom 3 Professional STUCK in IMU update

Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago I updated to latest firmware to get my PP3 back in the air after a long winter's nap. I Had gave it a test flight before updating and all was well.

I updated at my usual spot then moved the PP3 to my table where I always do my IMU updates so as to not have magnetic interference, vibration issues, out of level etc. It has always performed well there and never caused me an issue.

My problem this time though is that the update "started" but never went anywhere. It doesn't start scaling in the app to show percentage, it doesn't show anything in the app at all. It just sits there and flashes the LED's in the normal yellowish update mode when doing IMU calibration. I have tried many things, even going so far as to refrigerate the craft and batteries to get it cold enough (never an issue before). I have tried installing the app on both Android and IOS devices but still get same error with the no display of progress in IMU calibration.

I have tried to get old firmware back on the craft, but it will not accept any downgrade. I am at a loss how to get this to complete or get old firmware back on the craft. I can not get it to start motors or anything and no errors are displayed.... it is just stuck in IMU calibration.

Anyone have ideas I can try that I haven't yet?

Just bought a new 3 pro & mine is stuck in the imu calibration to .won't get a lock. My first one dosent do this ever. Any ideas?

I don't have any more ideas. That is why I posted here also :>)
I am not sure anyone else has had issue since you are my first responder.

I am also having this problem. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

I also found this discussion, but have had no change after 15 minutes. IMU Calibration stays at 0%

EDIT: After an hour or so with the DJI help, they are telling me it needs to be sent to them for repair? Please, if anyone out there can assist on this I would appreciate it greatly.

Last edited:
So I was able to correct my problem. My issue was with the firmware. The actual Phantom was not the most recent firmware, and not updating, while my controller was. All I needed to do was go to the download page on DJI and get the most recent .bin file. Then I let it do the 25 minute update as they describe (remote off) and the IMU calibration worked just fine once I powered back up normally.

I hope you guys find this helpful. DJI had no idea what the problem was.

So I was able to correct my problem. My issue was with the firmware. The actual Phantom was not the most recent firmware, and not updating, while my controller was. All I needed to do was go to the download page on DJI and get the most recent .bin file. Then I let it do the 25 minute update as they describe (remote off) and the IMU calibration worked just fine once I powered back up normally.

Going to give this a try and I'll report back.

It Worked!
But it is very odd because I had updated before and couldn't get it to connect. So apparently something happened with the initial update that caused my IMU error.

I am "cooling down" the craft and will re-try the IMU update and I pray it succeeds this time! Thanks for your suggestion!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT