Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

also if i delete the app and reinstall it to get it up to date will I lose all my custom settings? i think ill take photos before I do anything incase but wondering is that going to happen or is there some other way to get the app up to date rather then uninstalling and re installing?

also if i delete the app and reinstall it to get it up to date will I lose all my custom settings? i think ill take photos before I do anything incase but wondering is that going to happen or is there some other way to get the app up to date rather then uninstalling and re installing?
Many of the settings are stored on the P3 itself, but some are stored in the app. It is ALWAYS a good practice to check your settings after every app or FW change as well as before each flight.

Reactions: JoBe
Yes, I have already received congratulatory PM's, saying the same thing, essentially.
Why are we here! Not a question. I have had my own moments, and was told or asked rather, to take it down a notch or two, tone it lower in pitch.
As I said to one kind fella only a moment ago:
It takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Being angry is hard work. ;-)

And then some people make an actual career out of it. Hehe

Be kind to your forum bro's.
A day Will come, when you need some RC help, or a tiny favour.

I insist that you have fun, always fly safe, and remember to enjoy your happy landing. That's an order!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
Well said very refreshing! There are several here that are crass and arrogant.

Thank you!

I found the Camera settings did not change with the FW update or the App update on iOS, but my expo, braking and rates settings did change as did my return to home altitude. And my gimbal ease in/out changed too (smoothness).
As stated above, check all settings after any update, cheap insurance...

Reactions: ELHEAPO
Sorry, but I don't trust DJI. You explain to me why they removed the format flight data option from GO 2.4, then I can sleep easy. They are slowly removing options from us. And eventually they will limit the flight altitude to 400'. Then they will limit how far we could fly too. Hey, you're supposed to fly LOS, right? Then why would u fly over a half mile when u can't even see it.

DJI's read-only could mean different thing from PC term. Their English is not very good, u know.
What's wrong with a 400 foot max altitude?

ok thank you all I will check all settings and look for changes but I still have not gotten a clear answer as to how to get the app to its most up to date?

............ There are several here that are crass and arrogant.......
That would be, several here "who" are crass and arrogant.

wave.gif

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Haha, are you wagging a finger at me? ;-)

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

I heard that. Read my sig.
It's all there in black and white. ;-)
Yeah, right down there, in the grey area. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
I bought three Parrot AR Drone 2.0's at CostCo at Christmas two years ago, and had my first fly away with one at dusk. Watched in horror through binoculars as it drifted downwind, downhill, over railroad tracks, and an 8 lane freeway, and kept going, eventually losing sight of it behind a 3 story apartment building, as it lost battery power. Probably landed in 10 foot tall reeds in a muddy creek next to a golf course. I searched for it for days! Never found it. Took the empty box back to CostCo. They refunded my purchase price. :) Returned the other two 6 months later, after a buggy software update. Learned what not to do with them, until I got the Syma, and later a Hubsan for learning ATTI flying. I miss the easy flips! :D

What's wrong with a 400 foot max altitude?
Everything! :eek: It's not an AGL setting, but an above launch altitude setting. If you fly to a hilltop above your launch location, you may need to fly well above 400 feet above your launch location to not fly into the side of the hill :oops:, while never exceeding 100 feet above ground level the entire time!

Conversely, if you set your max elevation at 400 feet above your launch location, you will be exceeding 400 feet Above Ground Level as soon as you fly at 400 feet to a location below you, from the side of a hill. Know the what AGL is, and know that DJI GO cannot measure AGL, and AGL is the only number that matters! You are responsible for maintaining your AGL independently of the app! The FAA Guidelines say nothing about altitude above your launch point! All FAA Guidelines and Rules are based upon AGL!

Even the 1600 foot elevation max may not be enough to fly safely up the side of a mountain from the valley below!

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Hehe, Oh my. . . Is it a 'fool' moon? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
Yup, Full Moon Rising, , that looks like a "WeirdWolf" to Me!! ;-)

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
ok I did it and everything went perfect about to calibrate everything now heres what I did,
1. put 1.5 on formatted sd card (formatted via the craft)
2. turned it on waited for solid green (took about 15min)
3. powered off, checked sd card data, all successful
4. updated RC via old app
5. updated app (Ipad mini2) didnt go though itunes just ran the app for updates and installed. all when fine first shot, all settings stayed except fallsafe changed back to 30m, all camera gimbal presets stayed the same. thanks everyone for your help!

Everything!

Even the 1600 foot elevation max may not be enough to fly safely up the side of a mountain from the valley below!

I agree! 1600 is often not enough to reach the top of mountains I want to explore. I wish there was a hack for 2500' for when I go hiking in the mountains.

Funny....went yesterday for the first time fly with 1.5 and 2.4 app, can`y put more than 100 meters.....or i can?

Im confuse about altitude...i say yes to take the responsability, but even so, it stays at 0....

Ok, what you want, is to take off, from a much higher launch plane. ;-)
Launch from the air. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews