Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

Reactions: Reed L
There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.
Frank is there anything in this firmware that is addressing the arm vibration that so many have reported? Mine only started doing it after the last firmware update and I tried the downgrade, upgrade and cold IMU calibration but it has not gone away. Mine is only noticeable when idling on the ground and as soon as I take off it goes away, flies poker straight, no drifting, or sudden drops and while hovering at full yaw it's like it's on top of a flag pole. Oh I have the newest P3P version, new motors and shell if that matters in anyway. Looks very similar to this.

Any advice on a fix would be greatly appreciated. I have a ticket into DJI and they are investigating it but recommended sending it in for repair which I would rather not do at this point hoping that there will be a fix in the firmware.

Last edited:
I have been ask to fly professionally and make pictures around an airport here in Indonesia, needless to say that I was not able to, even though I had the appropriate clearances, I know that in the new firmware you should be able to remove such restrictions, but DJI is the only one that complicates the hell out of users by assuming that their customers don't have enough judgment to fly a phantom responsibly. I don't have a choice other than part from that company ( I have owned 6 phantoms so far) and look for other drone manufacturer that don't imposes such burdening geofencing restrictions. I am an airline pilot here and I feel I have enough judgment to fly a phantom, I don't want DJI to make that decision for me.

Reactions: aka1ceman
I have been ask to fly professionally and make pictures around an airport here in Indonesia, needless to say that I was not able to, even though I had the appropriate clearances, I know that in the new firmware you should be able to remove such restrictions, but DJI is the only one that complicates the hell out of users by assuming that their customers don't have enough judgment to fly a phantom responsibly. I don't have a choice other than part from that company ( I have owned 6 phantoms so far) and look for other drone manufacturer that don't imposes such burdening geofencing restrictions. I am an airline pilot here and I feel I have enough judgment to fly a phantom, I don't want DJI to make that decision for me.
I'm pretty sure you can have your airport officials write to DJI on their letterhead and request that the restrictions be lifted for your circumstances. I assume there's a way to disable that in the Phantom, but I've never had to do it. I've read about other pilots being able to do this, such as airport firefighters that need drone capability, or TSA, etc. Security is tight, so having drone options in certain circumstances can be helpful at airports.

.....problem is.... he shouldn't have to.

Last week I made firmware update (v1.5.0030) on Phantom 3 P.
The first flights after update I noticed vibrations (oscillations) at high frequency. See the attached clip. I changed propeller, but the problem persists. Does anyone else have this problem?
P.S. Weather conditions: 6°C, wind 0km/h.

Last week I made firmware update (v1.5.0030) on Phantom 3 P.
The first flights after update I noticed vibrations (oscillations) at high frequency. See the attached clip. I changed propeller, but the problem persists. Does anyone else have this problem?
P.S. Weather conditions: 6°C, wind 0km/h.

are you on the old motors ?. i just done my advanced (new motors) and i dont get any of this on 1.5 or 1.6, mine is sweet as a nut.

Mine does not do that oscillation on 1.5.

However, I did an update for another user and that P3P had the same oscillation as you, hovering close to the ground. I balanced her props and there was one that was a bit out and now it no longer has the oscillation.

Both these P3Ps are the old style motors.

I will try 1.6 when I get a chance, miserable wx here. less than 100' visibility in fog and rain.

.....problem is.... he shouldn't have to.
The real problem, after hearing from the idiots that want to simply fly above the clouds with no care about what else may be up there or what air space restrictions they violate, is that DJI needs to protect itself the best it can from the inevitable litigation that will follow the also inevitable loss of life accident. Corporations must show that they made a good faith attempt to use the available technology to stop these kind of uses/abuses, or they will pay huge settlements and risk going out of business defending themselves.

Reactions: NYRangers99
The real problem, after hearing from the idiots that want to simply fly above the clouds with no care about what else may be up there or what air space restrictions they violate, is that DJI needs to protect itself the best it can from the inevitable litigation that will follow the also inevitable loss of life accident. Corporations must show that they made a good faith attempt to use the available technology to stop these kind of uses/abuses, or they will pay huge settlements and risk going out of business defending themselves.
.....simple. at boot up, have a statement that operator accepts all risks. (I'm pretty sure it's all ready like that somewhere in the fine print to protect DJIs backside)

Agreed, stupid people doing stupid things ruins it for everyone...and the best part is they brag about it on forums and in social media...

Agreed, stupid people doing stupid things ruins it for everyone...and the best part is they brag about it on forums and in social media...
Surely you meant to say, the "worst" part is they broadcast their silly stupidity, that lumps us all in the same ilk.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: NYRangers99
Ah, that makes complete Monty Python sense, then doesn't it... ;-)

Say no more, Say No. more!! Nudge nudge wink wink.
So I bet you like to take pictures, lots and lots of pictures. Hehe
Yeah, me too.

So post some them, what are you waiting for? Go on then.
Gentle elbow to the rib area

RedHotPoker

This thread is obsolete now, lets close it :)

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

I cannot delete them in 1.6.40, how do you do it?
If you are asking about the flight records on your tablet, you swipe left on the record you want to delete and you will get a red delete icon.
If it's the records stored internally in the Phantom, they will be overwritten when the card fills.
i-KsfK29x-L.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart