Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20

Updated my P3P, RC, & two batteries. No issues.

For those that are experiencing having to plug your microsd card into your RC to update: you won't have to do that again in the future after this firmware release and the DJI GO app update per the instructions.

Updated my P3P, RC, & two batteries. No issues.

For those that are experiencing having to plug your microsd card into your RC to update: you won't have to do that again in the future after this firmware release and the DJI GO app update per the instructions.
Several have had to today..

I can't get my controller to update either via USB micro SD reader or via the USB cable connected from the gimbal to the controller. What am I doing wrong? Or is my controller already good to go? The phantom is working and my batteries updated. Just can't get the controller to take to the update and the app doesn't report anything needing t be updated. Should I assume I'm good to go?

Updated the P3A just fine and I think the battery updated. Couldn't tell from the log file other than SUCESS!! Can't get the Controller to update but all seems functioning so I assume the controller is fine. I tried to update the controller with micro SD USB key, no go then tried directly from the P3A via USB Cable. Turned on the Controller then the Phantom and it just beeped like there was error. Checked the log and it attempted to perform the update again but failed. I'll try the update with a fresh battery after this to see if the update continues for the battery. Other than that all seems well.

The controller updates from the cloud with the new DJI GO app (iOS).

If you're an Android user try the USB port / cable method again, but make sure the SD card is completely clean and the FW file is in the root directory.

:harry

IOS User here... I got it to finally work through the Go App... funny thing is the status didn't say anything previously about an update available or needed for the RC. Then after searching for instructions I came across this. Went back in to the app and the red warning ppeared in the status saying update required.

Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

This is what worked for me. ;)

First off, nOOb here...at least to this forum, and drones in general. Previous to my Phantom 3 Professional experience (of approximately 5 weeks now), I've owned/flown a 4ch. as well as 6ch. rotor-wing (helicopter, for those who don't understand), although I've also crashed, partially destroyed, & rebuilt (a few times) the aforementioned 6ch. copter. So far, I've greatly enjoyed the P3, and I'm certain to get a LOT more use out of it.

Anyway, to all those complaining that DJI gave very little information pertaining to the recent firmware update, I can state that I've been a tester for Microsoft & Electronics Arts (hardware & software) for several years now, and I know that manufacturers/publishers rarely divulge everything contained in updates. Having rad through all the postings related to this update, one piece of information I noticed no one having mentioned is anything pertaining to the recent release of part 54 (ie. HDMI upgrade module). Chances are fairly high that, in addition to whatever other changes are included in this update, code related to the HDMI upgrade board were a part of that..

With that said, time to upgrade my P3, and install the HDMI board (which should be delivered today, along with a third battery, according to the FedEx app on my phone).
Next in the works - getting my church (as "small" church of approximately 25,000) to approve use of the P3 inside the sanctuary during service, as a live-feed, mobile/aerial camera (all currently-used cameras are either tripod-mounted, or hand-carried...except for one service, a couple years ago, which utilized a live wireless feed from a GoPro).

If I were in your church I'd vote against having a drone flying around during service. The first time that thing crashes it's going to land near or on someone. Never fly above or really around people. The risk is too high; not to mention how loud it would be, but I digress.

Reactions: Ferdi
Why are some people say that the battery is also updated. I have 3 batteries must i do this by all 3?

Yes Tasso. Leave the bin file on ur SD care and it will automatically update ur batteries.

Sent from my PT beating heart

If I were in your church I'd vote against having a drone flying around during service. The first time that thing crashes it's going to land near or on someone. Never fly above or really around people. The risk is too high; not to mention how loud it would be, but I digress.

Honestly, I completely understand what you're saying, but I should have probably mentioned that, i f approved for use inside the sanctuary, it wouldn't actually be flown directly over congregation members. Remember that the camera doesn't have zoom abilities, and, as such, in order to have at least a decent portion of the camera's image filled with the pastor and/or whatever is going on on-stage, it would have to be closer to the stage. This means that it would be flown closer to the stage (as in, directly in front of, and somewhat above) and/or above the stage, itself. In other words, it wouldn't actually be flying immediately above the heads of anyone. As for the loudness, that's a factor that will be used in determining whether, or not, to approve its use inside the sanctuary. It would be tested first, with someone "standing in" for the pastor, with a microphone, to see if the sound created by the Phantom 3 is soft enough so as to not be louder than the pastor's mic. If the test fails, no worries, as there are still plenty of uses that the church can utilize.

First flight after the update was short but with no issues. VPS appears to be functioning normally and stability at a hover is what should be expected. One improvement that I have noticed (with a sample size of one flight) is the App seems to be gentler on the iPhone and hence less battery consumption and heat.

Reactions: rowdyjim
The best firmware update so far. Works perfectly and I like the new app too. So happy the POI and follow features are coming soon.

Reactions: jryser
I bought my P3A last week Thursday from a reputable store here in the UK.

I checked my firmware as per fellow member Meta4's guidance and to my surprise it pre installed with 1.3.20

I havent had any issues or erattic flying/behaviours whatsoever.

Today we had land air speeds of 11mph and when flying my P3 today I could see it was fighting with the winds above (at 100m to 150m high), I did some low flying also around 30cm's above ground and at quite some speed and again no issues whatsoever apart from the drone fighting with sudden gusts of wind at the field/park.

Still flew like a charm.

I'm just surprised at the fact that it came pre-installed with the newest firmware which was only releases a couple of days ago.

My update seems to have gone smoothly on the P3A, two batteries, and the RC (through USB). All the logs show success.

But, when I look in the app about section, it says unknown for the firmware version. Is anyone else seeing this?

My update seems to have gone smoothly on the P3A, two batteries, and the RC (through USB). All the logs show success.

But, when I look in the app about section, it says unknown for the firmware version. Is anyone else seeing this?
This happened to me too, just force close the app and start again, that worked for me.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Everything ok after 1.3.20 installation,flew two batteries - no problems just once lost signal for couple secs, which scared me too.The bird was above me just 30 m high.....
But when I checked the video it look like:
upload_2015-8-7_5-55-3.png

Thinking about downgrade or reinstall

Thanks 4wd for good news!
My last firmware upgrade end up with damage cost £440 to repair. Thanks to Heliguys( I live in the U.K) it took 10 days in total(had to replace main board) not 6+ weeks in China. All this lead me to buy an EXPIRE 1. And now I got two drones !:cool:
Can you help me please to ''turn off the telemetry data''
I know have to do the rest.
Will try not to fly in poor vision conditions:)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj