Reaction score
i have an phantom 3 pro and i am having problems with the video recorded on the memory card.
the images are freezing like the computer is slow to read, but i work with a macbook pro with a good configuration.
Is there any problems with the new firmware update? can it be a internal problem on the camera?

Well come on in, to the forum. ;-)
I haven't noticed any interruptions on my video, not with anything recorded nor the video feed on screen while flying.
Was it like that from day one? Is that sd card faulty perhaps? If it were me, I would try another micro sd card.
See if that corrects the glitche.

RedHotPoker

i have an phantom 3 pro and i am having problems with the video recorded on the memory card.
the images are freezing like the computer is slow to read, but i work with a macbook pro with a good configuration.
Is there any problems with the new firmware update? can it be a internal problem on the camera?
Even on mac, copy the 4K video files first and then run. It makes no sense to run files directly from SD card.

Are you trying to view the videos directly from the SD card without transfering them over first?

I take out the SD card and put it in a card reader on my computer. Then cut/paste to one of my drives. Probably similar to how most here do it.

Does it make a difference if you view it from the card of if you transfer it to a drive.
Generally yes since read times for most hard drives are much faster than most SD cards.

Last edited:
Generally yes since read times for most hard drives are much faster than most SD cards.
I've found if using a card reader it has to be a USB3 version to play from the card although the download speed does not seem strikingly faster.

An inbuilt card reader will play direct from the card on mine but I imagine on an older PC might not.
If it takes 3 minutes to transfer a two minute clip you can guess it won't play too well direct

The problem is likely to do with the data transfer rate between your card and your computer. If you want to alleviate that:

Get a faster card
Plug your card into a faster card reader
Transfer the files to the computer

I have a very fast reader and use very fast cards. I can play the videos directly from the card without too many issues but if I am playing it for someone else and I want the video to be buttery smooth I transfer to the computer first.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've found if using a card reader it has to be a USB3 version to play from the card although the download speed does not seem strikingly faster.

An inbuilt card reader will play direct from the card on mine but I imagine on an older PC might not.
If it takes 3 minutes to transfer a two minute clip you can guess it won't play too well direct
I use a Usb 3 port, usb3 reader and a quick card. I can play it without issue.. Then again I'm working on a self built video processing station.. I don't transfer video I'm not going to use. I just view it from the card.. I also view my videos in the field on my Nvidia shield.. It plays them very well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have exactly the same problem ... after update to latest firmware 1.8.80 ... and it is not related with card reader ... after moving file to mac .. problem still exist ... it seems that video is damaged

I have a Phantom 3 and recorded multi pal videos and yesterday I did one and I can not seem to get it to play on any media . my surface, my Dell or my Ipad.Anyone have any ideas ? i have tried different formats on all devices

I have a Phantom 3 and recorded multi pal videos and yesterday I did one and I can not seem to get it to play on any media . my surface, my Dell or my Ipad.Anyone have any ideas ? i have tried different formats on all devices
Do you reformat the card in the AC after you've moved / copied the files off the SD Card? If a not, try it.

Same issue and viewing on fast PC

I recently crashed my drone and had to rebuild. it flies fine but the camera was having buffering issues. I decreased the video size and when it got down to 1920 x 1080 the problem disappeared. Do you think I have a card problem? I am hoping there is no damage to the camera but for it to work fine on HD I feel the camera has proved itself to be OK. The card is a SANDISK extreme 16GB.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20