Phantom 3 pro + Samsung Gear vr

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've browse the forums and wasn't able to find a straight answer.
read a few that says samsung gear VR is only compatible with p2 but others say it works with p3 professional with a slight mod on the samsung gear VR.

can anyone explain the steps done to do the mod to get them working with the phantom 3 professional? do I need an additional cable?.

thanks in advance for your assistance !

- Your fellow newbie droner

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
Just ordered my galaxy 7 edge and gear. Would also love to know if there's a way?

I also got the S7 Edge and the Gear VR on the way. Wondering the same thing...

There are two ways to use it with P3:

1. Connect your phone through USB cable. You need Galaxy. VR App should run on Galaxy.

2. Create a wifi connection to mirror the image on phone. You may need iPad and Galaxy and a mobile wifi router. VR App should run on iPad.

Galaxy is used in Gear VR.

There are two ways to use it with P3:

1. Connect your phone through USB cable. You need Galaxy. VR App should run on Galaxy.

2. Create a wifi connection to mirror the image on phone. You may need iPad and Galaxy and a mobile wifi router. VR App should run on iPad.

Galaxy is used in Gear VR.

Hello Alok,
thanks for your reply and recomendation although if you connect the phone through USB cable, you are unable to place the phone into the gear VR because of lack of space.

How do you create a WIFI connection to mirror the image? is that even posible?

Hello Alok,
thanks for your reply and recomendation although if you connect the phone through USB cable, you are unable to place the phone into the gear VR because of lack of space.

How do you create a WIFI connection to mirror the image? is that even posible?
You got to run AirPin on android phone, use a mobile handy router to create wifi, connect android phone and iPhone to both, use AirPlay on iPhone to connect to AirPin and mirror the image. Any video running on iPhone will be wirelessly mirrored onto android phone.

You got to run AirPin on android phone, use a mobile handy router to create wifi, connect android phone and iPhone to both, use AirPlay on iPhone to connect to AirPin and mirror the image. Any video running on iPhone will be wirelessly mirrored onto android phone.

Nice, thanks for explaining that, although why would you want mirroed your android screen onto an Ipad or Ipod if the gear VR is for samsung only to fly FPV goggles? =O

Nice, thanks for explaining that, although why would you want mirroed your android screen onto an Ipad or Ipod if the gear VR is for samsung only to fly FPV goggles? =O
You are right, Gear uses Android device and per my first suggestion one can directly use USB cable from RC to connect to it. Only issue remains is that we may need to drill a hole onto Gear to make way for this cable.

If that doesn't look neat, one can use mirroring image to Android device wirelessly avoiding tethered connection. Tethering though always give you quick results.

Reactions: Antonio.Alanis
You are right, Gear uses Android device and per my first suggestion one can directly use USB cable from RC to connect to it. Only issue remains is that we may need to drill a hole onto Gear to make way for this cable.

If that doesn't look neat, one can use mirroring image to Android device wirelessly avoiding tethered connection. Tethering though always give you quick results.

Alright I see what you are talking about now.

although if we try to connect directly to the RC through the USB cable, isn't the Consumer Gear Vr USB cable charging only?
my question is the hole we need to drill is on the other side of the normal occulus connector correct and fit the device there and then we can start the application itself and fly away?

-Install "package diabler from the app store
-Disable Oculus
- Start Litch
-Insert Phone

Done

PS: I wrote some crap earlier which was totally off (brainfart) so I edited this post ;-)

Last edited:
-Install "package diabler from the app store
-Disable Oculus
- Start Litch
-Insert Phone

Done

PS: I wrote some crap earlier which was totally off (brainfart) so I edited this post ;-)

Just one question, where will the RC connect to the phone? normally through the VR?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31