Phantom 3 Pro Remote Not Charging

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have had a phantom 3 for almost a year now and it has been a great drone. I have not used it for a month or 2 (a little bit) because I have been a little busy so I decided to charge my drone and RC. My intelligent Flight Battery charged up fine but when I tried to charge my controller it would recognise that its plugged in but instead of charging it would just flash one light (like it would do if you check your battery) and it would not charge.

I have tried a few things to remedy this problem and none have been successful

1. Pushed in the charger hard to see if it's in fully
2. "drip charge" the controller by charging for a day or 2 and it has not gained any charge
3. Tried to reset the controller via combos but they don't work
4. connected to DJI GO to see if there is an update

I do not believe this is the charger fault and that is because the battery charges fine and when I took my volt. meter it showed that it is running at the correct 17.5 V like it should so at this stage its a little strange.

Note: throughout testing weird things would happed like when I check the battery it would show it has 2 bars but then go back to blinking with one and sometimes if I plugged something in and turned it on and off again and then I charge it , it would look like it is charging but then after 5 minutes at max just stop and then if I plug it out and plug it back in the time it "charged" for would go down to a couple seconds.

I have tried almost everything and I think it is a software problem because of the weird glitches it would have.

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me.

Hey there,

I have had a phantom 3 for almost a year now and it has been a great drone. I have not used it for a month or 2 (a little bit) because I have been a little busy so I decided to charge my drone and RC. My intelligent Flight Battery charged up fine but when I tried to charge my controller it would recognise that its plugged in but instead of charging it would just flash one light (like it would do if you check your battery) and it would not charge.

I have tried a few things to remedy this problem and none have been successful

1. Pushed in the charger hard to see if it's in fully
2. "drip charge" the controller by charging for a day or 2 and it has not gained any charge
3. Tried to reset the controller via combos but they don't work
4. connected to DJI GO to see if there is an update

I do not believe this is the charger fault and that is because the battery charges fine and when I took my volt. meter it showed that it is running at the correct 17.5 V like it should so at this stage its a little strange.

Note: throughout testing weird things would happed like when I check the battery it would show it has 2 bars but then go back to blinking with one and sometimes if I plugged something in and turned it on and off again and then I charge it , it would look like it is charging but then after 5 minutes at max just stop and then if I plug it out and plug it back in the time it "charged" for would go down to a couple seconds.

I have tried almost everything and I think it is a software problem because of the weird glitches it would have.

Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me.
I have exactly the same problem after doing a few searches it seems like it’s a pretty common problem I’m about to contact DJI an see if can get fixed an how much etc. have you spoken to DJI yet (or anyone else that has had this problem would like to write up their experience with this problem?
I’m in Australia

I have exactly the same problem after doing a few searches it seems like it’s a pretty common problem I’m about to contact DJI an see if can get fixed an how much etc. have you spoken to DJI yet (or anyone else that has had this problem would like to write up their experience with this problem?
I’m in Australia

Not as of yet man, I am just looking for a quick fix (hoping it is) because I want to get out of Friday to get some shots of the lake (I'm In New Zealand). If I cant get it fixed by then it seems I will need to get it repaired. It isnt on the charger side otherwise it would have been a quick fix because it says all sorts of things. I would manualy reset it but I dont realy want to take the controller apart

Yeah I’ve tried my friends chargers just to make sure it’s not that. It’s definitely the controller itself. Iv epretty much accepted the fact something is definitely wrong. Just would like to know how much hassle/time/money it’s going to take to get repaired or replaced. It’s a bummer I love my phantom have some events coming up I’d love to film but won’t be happening at the moment with the controller not working.

Sounds like a bad battery pack, here are a couple videos I ran across a while ago on replacement, I haven't had the need to try this yet (KNOCK ON WOOD):
PART 1
PART 2

Sounds like a bad battery pack, here are a couple videos I ran across a while ago on replacement, I haven't had the need to try this yet (KNOCK ON WOOD):
PART 1
PART 2

The thing is that it might, I really don't want to open it but I might not have a choice. One weird thing is that when I leave it on charge i hear a faint beep every 1.5s but no animation

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl