Phantom 3 pro no video transmission signal

I called DJI and went through the troubleshooting with the technician on the phone. After doing everything I have done multiple times they came to the conclusion that I have to send it back to California so their repair tech can do a diagnostic test. They covered the shipping cost from me in W.V. to them in Ca. so hopefully that is a good thing. As soon as I hear something from DJI, I will let everyone know.

Thanks,
Shawn

Reactions: 3rdof5
FIXED
Ok everyone, I finally got word from DJI about my "No Video Transmission Signal".They told me that my main gimbal board was bad and needed to be replaced. So as bad as I hated to spend the $, i went ahead and had them to do the repair and I now have a fully functioning drone with brand new parts and a warranty on the recent repair. If you think about it, it's not that bad of a deal when a P3P new is $1,200 and used your looking at $600-$900 depending on condition. All together for parts and labor it cost me $209. It's still cheaper than buying a complete new camera. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Shawn

FIXED
Ok everyone, I finally got word from DJI about my "No Video Transmission Signal".They told me that my main gimbal board was bad and needed to be replaced. So as bad as I hated to spend the $, i went ahead and had them to do the repair and I now have a fully functioning drone with brand new parts and a warranty on the recent repair. If you think about it, it's not that bad of a deal when a P3P new is $1,200 and used your looking at $600-$900 depending on condition. All together for parts and labor it cost me $209. It's still cheaper than buying a complete new camera. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Shawn
Yes but cost you $40 shipping each way for $299 you could have just bought new Camera and installed yourself .Been up and running in 3-4 days . When doing long updates always place fan blowing on bird as overheating is the main cause of video board burn outs.

Yes but cost you $40 shipping each way for $299 you could have just bought new Camera and installed yourself .Been up and running in 3-4 days . When doing long updates always place fan blowing on bird as overheating is the main cause of video board burn outs.
DJI actually covered the shipping cost there and back. So I only paid for parts and labor.
Shawn

I own a repair business here in NJ and have been seeing failures like these quite a bit lately. I'd like to share my experiences with the rest of my fellow hobbyists here.
[The P3Ps I have on my fleet are the workhorses in my other business (survey, inspection, 3D rendering, etc.)]
First off, isolating the cause.
1) How to tell if the RC is causing issues with AC connectivity: with RC 'ON', DJI App connected, AC 'OFF', you should see 'AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED' on the app. If you don't, then it's likely that your RC's USB interface is bricked (another story here....). If your RC is good, then read on...
2) The most common culprit for 'no video transmission' has to do with a missing bootloader on the P3P's gimbal mainboard which not only controls the gimbal but also performs the video codecs via the DaVinci chip (made by TI). In order for this chip to function, it has to boot up thru pre-loaded bootfiles on an ancillary memory chip on the same board. A shortcoming of this memory chip (design issue?) is that the bootloader becomes corrupted causing a chain of malfunctions leading to the lost video transmission.
There are a few authorities who have gone to great lengths in explaining this undesirable phenomenon: Quaddamage and Sunsetcatcher. Look them up in the PhantomPilots forum. It's worthwhile reading.
I have saved a good number of my customers some money by re-flashing the gimbal mainboards instead of replacing them.
Good luck!

Last edited:
FIXED
Thanks,
Shawn

Exactly and without any of the hassles so many others get into trying to DIY repair.You only have to scroll through forums like this to see the numerous long threads ... I replaced this ... this .... this and STILL its not working.

Exactly and without any of the hassles so many others get into trying to DIY repair.You only have to scroll through forums like this to see the numerous long threads ... I replaced this ... this .... this and STILL its not working.

Had the same problem, bought the gimbal electronic board on ebay, fixed it. The one I bought has three integrated circuit boxes less but it works. Only problem is the camera is pointing left, think the shaft is not 100% centered, will tinker later today to fix that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.