Phantom 3 pro no video transmission signal

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 professional, with apple iPad mini 3. I did a recent firmware upgrade to 1.11.2 and I now have no live video feed. I have tried the method of removing the sd card and restarting everything and nothing works. I have full control of the gimbal and can arm the AC and fly line of sight. Everything else works except for the live video feed. I read another post about DJI having to do a repair before I could get video back.Please if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

I have a phantom 3 professional, with apple iPad mini 3. I did a recent firmware upgrade to 1.11.2 and I now have no live video feed. I have tried the method of removing the sd card and restarting everything and nothing works. I have full control of the gimbal and can arm the AC and fly line of sight. Everything else works except for the live video feed. I read another post about DJI having to do a repair before I could get video back.Please if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
I had same issues with P3A after updates couple weeks after I bought it month ago. I replaced USB board and that didn't help. I had to buy new controller and that solved my problem

Reactions: lordfox
I had same issues with P3A after updates couple weeks after I bought it month ago. I replaced USB board and that didn't help. I had to buy new controller and that solved my problem
My controller works great, every function is working as it should

Wow reading this i think i will insure my P3 Pro. Expensive repair if caused by an update.
Just a question, would it have worked if you reverted to an earlier update?

Sounds familiar too.. You might try re-linking RC with AC & or a different cable from device to RC.. mine was the cable...

I tried all the solutions mentioned. It seems that last update causes a spike in voltage from 3.2 volts to 5 volts. It must have gotten the main board. I could still fly just no video feed and could not connect to app. That is what a DJI tech at a repair center told me. I bought new controller off Ebay and works like it should now.

Wow reading this i think i will insure my P3 Pro. Expensive repair if caused by an update.
Just a question, would it have worked if you reverted to an earlier update?
I'm new to dji and I dont know how to revert to an older version of FW

I have relinked the rc to the ac and I'm able to connect to the app with no problems.

& try a different cable..even though all else works..

The phantom is an albatross. It's seldom repaired, no one is making parts or them anymore. Mine is almost 3 years old. Electronics and moving parts start failing in flight. I'm selling mine and have gone mavic and spark.

I have found that diagram and have went through it a dozen times, I've been battling it for about a week steady now. I started with no rc and ac link and not being able to get in the app, also I had a bad ribbon. Now I have full rc control can move gimbal and camera, full access to the iOS App. But i just dont have any video feed. I have deduced that i have a problem with the main gimbal board. I'm going to call DJI in the morning to see if they can help me in any way.

How could buying a new rc help, what did that do? I'm going to go see a friend of mine he has a p3p and I'll try his rc with my drone and if I get video then I'll know it's a board in the rc but until I can be sure I'm not gonna go out and buy a new rc they are quite pricey.

I have found that diagram and have went through it a dozen times, I've been battling it for about a week steady now. I started with no rc and ac link and not being able to get in the app, also I had a bad ribbon. Now I have full rc control can move gimbal and camera, full access to the iOS App. But i just dont have any video feed. I have deduced that i have a problem with the main gimbal board. I'm going to call DJI in the morning to see if they can help me in any way.
I had the same problem and wound up sending it back to DJI for warranty repair and it's fine now, but one trick that worked for me a couple of times was to go into the settings and enter flight data mode. You dont need to connect the AC to anything with the usb. Just enter flight data mode and once activated your screen will say flight data mode reboot AC to exit. When I rebooted video feed was back. Can't hurt to try but no guarantee it will work.

I had the same problem and wound up sending it back to DJI for warranty repair and it's fine now, but one trick that worked for me a couple of times was to go into the settings and enter flight data mode. You dont need to connect the AC to anything with the usb. Just enter flight data mode and once activated your screen will say flight data mode reboot AC to exit. When I rebooted video feed was back. Can't hurt to try but no guarantee it will work.
It was going to cost about the same to send it to get repaired. I tried everything and called several DJI repair centers and asked a lot of questions about what it could be. It would charge my phone when I connect to the controller but no app connection. Must be the main board bad. I could control everything on AC but no video feed or app connection. It worked first time and has for several flights since I got the new controller. I don't understand why it would do that either.

I just tried that and , no luck. But thanks for the suggestion.
Shawn

Reactions: 3rdof5
How much did it cost for them to do the repair, if you dont mind me asking.
Thanks,
Shawn

Yes. before making a significant purchase use a different cable & take steps to re-Link controller to drone
I've used different mobile devices reinstalled the app, multiple cords, I've relinked the r/c 3 different times, and I've tried every trick that has been told to me. I even used a different r/c that works on my friend's p3p and still no live video feed. But thanks for the suggestion.
Thanks,
Shawn

Do you remember what dji did to your drone when you sent it in for the repair?
Thanks,
Shawn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj