P3 Firmware phantom 3 Pro firmware download

Reaction score
Hello
I am trying to download the latest firmware V1.11.20.
I am able to down load but when I go to copy this bin file to the SD card it says data cannot be read or written.

When I download - it says download zip file. But on my download folder is showing as P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin

I tried opening this file with archive utility on iMac. No luck. Says unsupported format
I tried renaming the file to .zip . No luck. Says unsupported format.

What am I doing wrong? Is the file I am download is not correct?

Thanks

Format the sd card in the drones camera and then download the firmware to the sd card via your computer by connecting your computer to the drones camera with the USB cord. Be sure that the flight battery is fully charged when you start the process. Your computer should recognize the camera as being a USB device. When the firmware has been downloaded to the sd card, power down the drone and then disconnect the USB cord. HAVE A SMALL FAN READY when you start the firmware update. This is very important! Power up the drone. The update should start automatically. The led light on the front of the camera should start blinking from green to red and making a beeping noise,DD-DD. It will do this for 10-15 minutes. The camera will do strange things occasionally during the update. When it is done the light on the camera will stay green and will make a beeping sound,D-DD,D-DD.Remember to point the fan at the camera gimbal the entire time. The Phantom 3 Professional camera can get too warm during updates and can damage the gimbal board if you don’t keep it cool during the update.
If you download the firmware onto your computer, after the firmware is downloaded to the computer, you need to drag and drop the firmware zip file the the sd card location. Then the firmware will be available as a unzipped folder, then you can put the SD Card into the drone camera and start the update. PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE THE FAN!!!

Reactions: hutch
Where can i get firmware now? Heard DJI doesnt list them anymore
> DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.

> If you've already done your research, already written down your current FW versions, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely. [Release notes are here: P3P release notes and P3A release notes].

Reactions: KachemakDiver
> DJI has historically maintained an archive of FW versions on their site even though they don't always show links to them. For archived FW versions directly from DJI, follow the links in this post.
Thank you Sir. Saw this in my search too. Appreciate it

Reactions: Oso
Format the sd card in the drones camera and then download the firmware to the sd card via your computer by connecting your computer to the drones camera with the USB cord. Be sure that the flight battery is fully charged when you start the process. Your computer should recognize the camera as being a USB device. When the firmware has been downloaded to the sd card, power down the drone and then disconnect the USB cord. HAVE A SMALL FAN READY when you start the firmware update. This is very important! Power up the drone. The update should start automatically. The led light on the front of the camera should start blinking from green to red and making a beeping noise,DD-DD. It will do this for 10-15 minutes. The camera will do strange things occasionally during the update. When it is done the light on the camera will stay green and will make a beeping sound,D-DD,D-DD.Remember to point the fan at the camera gimbal the entire time. The Phantom 3 Professional camera can get too warm during updates and can damage the gimbal board if you don’t keep it cool during the update.
If you download the firmware onto your computer, after the firmware is downloaded to the computer, you need to drag and drop the firmware zip file the the sd card location. Then the firmware will be available as a unzipped folder, then you can put the SD Card into the drone camera and start the update. PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE THE FAN!!!
Thank you for the details.
When I restart after downloading the bin file, it gives be two dd-dd and then nothing. 2 red solid lights and green flashing lights.
Anything else I can try?

After the download, put the sd card in your computer and open up the file. It should show you a result’s file along with the firmware file. Check the results file to see if it was successful.

Maybe this will help also. This attachment is from this forum and it works great.

Attachments

• Safari - Mar 3, 2020 at 7:12 PM.pdf
    768.3 KB · Views: 424

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic