Phantom 3 'Low Voltage Warning' - Oh no!

Reaction score
Got P3 last week. Used battery 4 times. Got Low Battery Warning ("LBW") today as flying - nearly crashed it as a result :)

Have read the forums on this but am struggling to find a voltage reader I can use to check the new P3 battery?

Any other advice would be very welcome.

The information on battery condition can be viewed in the app.

Presumably the low battery warning happned much earlier in the flight than would be normal?
The first red warning is distracting but no need to panic just be aware it needs to be brought home sharpish.
The second warning it will start to auto-descend but you can still make it hover with full throttle and bring it to a more suitable spot.

Or you can have it set to come home and land at first warning on its own - this always seems potentially risky if you should miss the warning countdown it's about to do it.

Thanks 4wd.

Please forgive me but I mis-described the warning :) it actually said "low voltage warning".

Are you able to add to your advice please and apologies for the mistake.

Were you at full throttle? There were problems like this with the pv2, never had it myself as i just fly around steady, my battery is only slightly warm after a flight.

Yes I was UKFlyer. I had only 46% left following a previous flight 45 mins before. I checked the cells on the battery info and everything looks fine.

Make sure the battery is properly seated in the bird. It's easy to forget to check.

what % is everyone setting the battery levels at
I'm still on the stock setting. Seems a tad conservative but with only 1 battery, I'd prefer to not destroy it with aggressive levels.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20