Phantom 3 Firmware is out!

Great news as i wasn't flying mine until i could have upgraded the firm ware first, should get it this week so just the IOS app now. cheers for the info.

The iOS app must be out within 12 hours, or i can tell you with alot of certainty that dji didnt submit the app at the date they said they did.

Any notes for what's been changed!? in the firmware...

For those who have downloaded the firmware update file earlier, please hold on as there seem to be some issue (see attached). DJI has removed the firmware update from their website for the time being.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 5.14.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 5.14.06 pm.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 881
Last edited:
Reactions: Fawkes
DJI Reply on this:

A naming problem. Pls change the bin file name to "P3S_FW_V01.01.0006.bin"(for Pro) or "P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin"(for Advanced), then have another try.
The naming should have changed already on download page.

Still borked .....just downloaded file for pro...but the bin is named for the advanced ie P3X......wow....now question is did they misname them or are they the wrong file for each version mix-matched........WOW

just downloaded advanced version to see and sure enough it's named for pro....
3rd possibility....dji guy who posted what issue/fix may have had the naming convention backward.......fuuuuuuuuuu !

Now the dji-autum guy edited post to say p3x for pro......man I'm waiting on the smoke to get way clear on this one !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-04-03-19-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-04-03-19-12.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 483
Now the dji-autum guy edited post to say p3x for pro......man I'm waiting on the smoke to get way clear on this one !

Is it still incorrect then, or are you saying it's corrected but you're going to wait in case it's still mixed up?

Is it still incorrect then, or are you saying it's corrected but you're going to wait in case it's still mixed up?
I'm completely at a loss....I have no idea what the correct file is....i'm just weary cause its been a sloppy firmware release up to this point

I just downloaded the advance software and it looks ok. Just need the drone to arrive (tuesday or wednesday)

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 13.48.21.png

Reactions: Kelvinator
Its like DJI is run by two highschool seniors and six kids doing the assembly.

Reactions: Aramis

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31