Phantom 3 constant Beeping No Lights

Reaction score
My P3 Advance is having an issue that just started tonight, and I'm unable to find anyone having this same problem. I did upgrade the latest Firmware, and have flown it since the update and everything worked fine. Tonight I powered on the P3 and I'm getting a constant Beep, Beep, Beep and none of the lights on the Prop Arms are illuminating. Has anyone else experienced this? I have tried calling DJI Tech support but after 20 minutes of being on hold it disconnects. Also, I am showing the display from the Camera while the Drone is powered on but unable to do anything else.
I thought maybe there was something wrong with the Firmware and attempted to format the SD card in the Drone, but it comes up saying "Format failed" so it won't even let me reformat the Card to attempt an Firmware re-install.

Problem solved!!! I should have read other people's posts before posting. It was a Firmware problem.

I finally was able to format the card in the Drone. It take several attempts though. I read somebody else's post said to go into camera settings as soon as Drone powers up and format. It finally worked so then put the latest firmware update on the card and put it back in the Drone.
When I powered it up it started the annoying alarm clock beep again. I just let it continue and after 20 minutes or so it was working fine. Hope this works for you.

My P3 Advance is having an issue that just started tonight, and I'm unable to find anyone having this same problem. I did upgrade the latest Firmware, and have flown it since the update and everything worked fine. Tonight I powered on the P3 and I'm getting a constant Beep, Beep, Beep and none of the lights on the Prop Arms are illuminating. Has anyone else experienced this? I have tried calling DJI Tech support but after 20 minutes of being on hold it disconnects. Also, I am showing the display from the Camera while the Drone is powered on but unable to do anything else.
I thought maybe there was something wrong with the Firmware and attempted to format the SD card in the Drone, but it comes up saying "Format failed" so it won't even let me reformat the Card to attempt an Firmware re-install.

Yes, this is what I'm experiencing after a small crash. See my other post as I'm still not able to figure it out. May have to send in for repair UGH! I've seen much worse damage on a P3 in these forums and they get them up and running. I'm not having any luck!

This is what I'm experiencing after a minor crash into a bush. I've searched all over the internet for solutions and have found none. I've done all of the following and still nothing. Basically it seems the p3 can not communicate with the app/controller because I can't even get the IMU to work. Here is what happened. I updated the latest firmware a few days ago and then the crash happened Saturday morning 9/12/15. The gimbal seems to be fine so far when I fire up the P3 but there are NO LIGHTS and this same constant loud long beeping that changes. I've tried reinstalling the firmware after formatting the sd card in the P3 and still that failed. I will include the txt file from that attempt in this post. Basically the last line says, "Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again." Well, I don't know how to reboot the aircraft any different than I have by turning it off and then on again. I mean I've let this thing run for almost an hour and still nothing. If I could get a IMU calibration option in my app then may be something would work? Any suggestions from seasoned veterans?

Here is the txt file I got after trying to reinstall the firmware.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 930
How minor was the crash??
Check the camera cables and make sure they all reseat firmly. The clip in cables can get damaged easily and the pin-in on the board can get ripped out after a crash. The phantom talks to the SD card via this cable so its crucial that is intact. It could be shorting out and causing phantom to go dead.

I would assume that the camera wouldn't be working if that were the case right? Nothing seems to be ripped out or loose. However, I'm not a pro at repairs either. The phantom is not going "dead" if you mean it just dies and shuts down. That's not the case.

Ignore the firmware update for now as you may have a stuck imu.
See if you can a successful imu calibration. Do the calibrating when the phantom is cold. And then check the mod values. If you have a value that is stuck on 16 then you may need to use a wooden mallet to dislodge the gyro.

Mine is doing the exact same thing.. updated it a few days ago, then experienced a crash yesterday (though everything looks okay). The LED light on the gimbal starts by flashing red/green then just goes to solid red, all while constantly beeping in a solid sequence. There are no other lights (the lights under the arms won't light up at all) and I also can't get into the getting to calibrate the IMU.
Let me know if you figure this out! I really dont want to have to send mine in for repair.

Reactions: punahou90
Mine is doing the exact same thing.. updated it a few days ago, then experienced a crash yesterday (though everything looks okay). The LED light on the gimbal starts by flashing red/green then just goes to solid red, all while constantly beeping in a solid sequence. There are no other lights (the lights under the arms won't light up at all) and I also can't get into the getting to calibrate the IMU.
Let me know if you figure this out! I really dont want to have to send mine in for repair.

You're the only other person I have found with the exact same symptoms I'm experiencing. I will try what Mako79 said but not sure what he means by "cold" other than a craft that hasn't been turned on yet. Not sure what he means about the mod values but I get no values on the sensors when I'm trying to get the IMU checked or calibrated.

Let me know if you figure yours out as well.

By "cold" he means that the unit must be off with battery removed for at least 30 minutes before and start the calibration just after powering it.

By "cold" he means that the unit must be off with battery removed for at least 30 minutes before and start the calibration just after powering it.

Yeah tried that and the IMU check calibration option isn't available it's "gray" and I can't select it.

Ignore the firmware update for now as you may have a stuck imu.
See if you can a successful imu calibration. Do the calibrating when the phantom is cold. And then check the mod values. If you have a value that is stuck on 16 then you may need to use a wooden mallet to dislodge the gyro.

As previously stated there are no values period. Not even 0 just blank. I tried doing the IMU check calibration while "cold" but again, NOTHING.

As previously stated there are no values period. Not even 0 just blank. I tried doing the IMU check calibration while "cold" but again, NOTHING.

Thats a first...

Last thing is start at square 1. Use the DJI supplied SD card. Format it in FAT32 and unzip the bin to the root of the card. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE (@punahou90, you havent stated what P3 you have).
Full charge a battery. Leave the phantom in the garage and power her on and just leave her. Check back in an hour or 2. I do think the you have repeatedly interrupted the updates and each time it tries to complete, it gets further disturbed. A 20 min update may now take 2hrs as it tries to repair the half installed firmware. Think of powering down a PC while it tries to do its windows update.

Thats a first...

Last thing is start at square 1. Use the DJI supplied SD card. Format it in FAT32 and unzip the bin to the root of the card. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE (@punahou90, you havent stated what P3 you have).
Full charge a battery. Leave the phantom in the garage and power her on and just leave her. Check back in an hour or 2. I do think the you have repeatedly interrupted the updates and each time it tries to complete, it gets further disturbed. A 20 min update may now take 2hrs as it tries to repair the half installed firmware. Think of powering down a PC while it tries to do its windows update.

Trust me I'm very **** about directions and take my time and then double check everything. I have the Pro. I had the most up to date PRO firmware in the drone prior to the crash 1.4 whatever it was. (P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin). I have let it go for over an hour and NOTHING.

Will try again with fully charged battery like I did last time. When it first starts out it sounds like a normal update is taking place and the light not he gimbal goes from red to green as it's trying to update then about after 2 mins the beeping goes all NUTS and the light a solid red. From what I've read that means a failure on the firmware updating. So if that's the case what is leaving it run for an hour or two going to do?

Here is what I'm seeing in a few of the menu via the DJI GO app:

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    256.3 KB · Views: 901
  • image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    227 KB · Views: 951
  • image3.PNG
    image3.PNG
    163.4 KB · Views: 848
Like this?

edit: tried uploading video from iPhone but didn't take.

Last edited:
This was a video I took today to show how it seems to want to update firmware from the card but as you will see no flashing lights under the wings and the red/green light on the gimbal will go to straight solid red after about 2 mins. If I let it go longer the beeps change sequence and get longer and don't sound like it should.

Phantom 3 Pro malfunction NO LIGHTS and LONG BEEPS - YouTube

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl