Phantom 3 Advanced - VIDEO (iOS Devices NOT WORKING)

Reaction score

Here's my issue. I will try to be as descriptive as possible.

Upon receiving the Phantom 3, I upgraded both the Aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware of 1.1.8.

I checked the .txt file upon updating both the Aircraft and controller and both said "Success" within the .txt file. Thus, indicating a successful update.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 Wifi and iPhone 6+ (Both Supported Models). Both iOS devices are running iOS Firmware 8.3. This is the latest firmware available by Apple.

I downloaded the latest Pilot App via the Apple App Store. This is version 1.1.1. which states is compatible with Phantom 3 and iOS Devices.

Here's the process. I connect the iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ via USB cable to the controller. I open the application. I turn on the controller and then the aircraft. Upom turning on the controller I am requested by my device to "Trust" the application. I select "Trust". Shortly thereafter, There is a loop where every 10-12 seconds aI am agTrust" the same prompt comes up again asking me to "Trust or Don't Trust" device. Therefore, a connection is never established and the Pilot App never connects to the aircraft. Thus, I am grounded and unable to fly.

Couple of things I wanted to point out. I've done a fresh restore on both the iPad Mini and iPhone 6 + where I manually restored both devices to a clean start running iOS Firmware 8.3. I've used a total of 3 seperate USB sync cables for my Apple devices. All cables are original in nature and not aftermarket.

I've attempted to re-install the firmware on the aircraft and the controller. Respectively, I get the following message in the .txt file upon updating.

"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"
and
"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Lastly, I've deleted and re-installed the DJI Pilot App several times and have the same result.

Have you perform a registration, soon after you have open the DJI Pilot app?
I have same kind of problem with Android tabblet. It takes a while, before the registeration dialog came on... After registeration it starts to work
(see the registration on 2.58)

That's just the thing. I was never able to get the "Activation" screen to pop up on my iOS device. A friend of mine with an Android tablet borrowed me his tablet and I was able to see the activation / registration screen and successfully complete that via his tablet.

I think I read somewhere if you go into the app under user center and manually log in/out, then do it again, it will do the activation process.

Have you perform a registration, soon after you have open the DJI Pilot app?
I have same kind of problem with Android tabblet. It takes a while, before the registeration dialog came on... After registeration it starts to work
(see the registration on 2.58)

Thanks for your reply, yes I did the registration. However, I was only able to do so from an Android tablet.

v
I think I read somewhere if you go into the app under user center and manually log in/out, then do it again, it will do the activation process.

Thanks for your reply, I was unable to do this although I tried multiple times. I was able to get to the activation screen using an Android tablet.

Maybe try to relink the RC as well. Believe thats page 28 on the manual.

Thanks for your reply, although that wasn't the issue. Funny thing is that if I use an Android tab, the phantom works just fine. But for some reason it doesn't like Apple. Which is huge for me since that's all I use.

Hi.

Have the same problem.

The DJI Phone-Support tells me, a lot of Users have this problem in the last few hours.
The Support says, it could be a intern DJI-Server Problem...

Here's my issue. I will try to be as descriptive as possible.

Upon receiving the Phantom 3, I upgraded both the Aircraft and the controller to the latest firmware of 1.1.8.

I checked the .txt file upon updating both the Aircraft and controller and both said "Success" within the .txt file. Thus, indicating a successful update.

I'm using an iPad Mini 2 Wifi and iPhone 6+ (Both Supported Models). Both iOS devices are running iOS Firmware 8.3. This is the latest firmware available by Apple.

I downloaded the latest Pilot App via the Apple App Store. This is version 1.1.1. which states is compatible with Phantom 3 and iOS Devices.

Here's the process. I connect the iPad Mini or iPhone 6+ via USB cable to the controller. I open the application. I turn on the controller and then the aircraft. Upom turning on the controller I am requested by my device to "Trust" the application. I select "Trust". Shortly thereafter, There is a loop where every 10-12 seconds aI am agTrust" the same prompt comes up again asking me to "Trust or Don't Trust" device. Therefore, a connection is never established and the Pilot App never connects to the aircraft. Thus, I am grounded and unable to fly.

Couple of things I wanted to point out. I've done a fresh restore on both the iPad Mini and iPhone 6 + where I manually restored both devices to a clean start running iOS Firmware 8.3. I've used a total of 3 seperate USB sync cables for my Apple devices. All cables are original in nature and not aftermarket.

I've attempted to re-install the firmware on the aircraft and the controller. Respectively, I get the following message in the .txt file upon updating.

"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"
and
"The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller"

Lastly, I've deleted and re-installed the DJI Pilot App several times and have the same result.

Try a different cable just to rule that out. Perhaps cable is disconnecting/reconnecting over and over.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj