Phantom 2 wont bind to tx

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 with a binding issue. The multirotor crashed and fell upside down of course shattering the GPS antenna. This was the first reason I thought was the root of the binding to the transmitter issue. I put a new GPS module in it and of course it needs calibration but the transmitter wont bind for anything so that I can flip the switches and do a calibration. I start it hold the bind button then turn on the tx and hit the bind button again and nothing. Im guessing it is the receiver or the transmitter but I do not want to spend an arm and a leg to find out. Ive been working on it for about 2 weeks and I'm dyeing here, anything would help, thank you.

If I take your description literally, it sounds incorrect.

Try this:

1- Turn On Phantom quad
2- Turn on remote controller, maintain 2-3 foot separation between controller and aircraft
3- Press and hold link button on Quad until the button blinks Red then release
4- If [link/binding] successful button will turn Green.

This is on page 16 of the P2 Manual v1.1.

Your description seems to swap steps 2 & 3.

Reactions: cmkwood
The daughter receiver board can come loose in a bad crash.
Remove the battery. You should be able to see receiver daughter board. If you follow the leg antennas, it will lead to the receiver board. Move it around and make sure it sits firmly.

I have a phantom 2 with a binding issue. The multirotor crashed and fell upside down of course shattering the GPS antenna. This was the first reason I thought was the root of the binding to the transmitter issue. I put a new GPS module in it and of course it needs calibration but the transmitter wont bind for anything so that I can flip the switches and do a calibration. I start it hold the bind button then turn on the tx and hit the bind button again and nothing. Im guessing it is the receiver or the transmitter but I do not want to spend an arm and a leg to find out. Ive been working on it for about 2 weeks and I'm dyeing here, anything would help, thank you.

There should have been no reason to bind the RC to the P2 in the first place. First I would open the shell and check that the receive is still plugged into the naza module. You haven't mentioned if the bind LED is even lite or if it changes color while pushing the button. Have you also checked the battery terminal board to make sure it isn't damaged

If the bind button LED is not functioning (LED not changing color when pushed) then I would change that module.

It only flashed or stays red not matter what I do. It flashes when I press and hold it.

I had the exact same issue with my Quad. Held the link button down until it flashed, turned on the controller and it would link together. Go outside, Calibrate it to set the GPS and on the final step.....loses the connection with the controller.
Mine was still under warranty so I have sent off my machine sadly. 6 weeks is so long to wait!

It only flashed or stays red not matter what I do. It flashes when I press and hold it.

You may have:
A dead or unplugged GPS module
A bad IMU (recalibrate)
A bad Compass (recalibrate)
A bad transmitter reading (recalibrate).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20