Phantom 2 will not connect

Reaction score
Just moved to Reno, and found some great places to fly, Brought my P2 out of retirement. Tried to up date my software and found she would not connect to my laptop, running W7, the problem is the computer will not recognize the usb when I plug it in. I get unknown device error. I ran the Win driver installer, when it says plug in P2 I do and it says no driver loaded no device, I tried another port, another cable, NADA.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx
Fredc

Just moved to Reno, and found some great places to fly, Brought my P2 out of retirement. Tried to up date my software and found she would not connect to my laptop, running W7, the problem is the computer will not recognize the usb when I plug it in. I get unknown device error. I ran the Win driver installer, when it says plug in P2 I do and it says no driver loaded no device, I tried another port, another cable, NADA.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx
Fredc

What computer were you using when you first bought the P2 Mac or PC ?

Windows 7 and windows 8.1 tried both same issue.

The programs that you have on your computer maybe corrupt and downloading new firmware without deleting the old files isn't going to work.

Go into your programs and find the DJI folder and delete all three software programs using the uninstall for each one.Then download a fresh copy of each. Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI now those files are zipped so decompress them all. Once completed start by connecting the P2 to your computer and download the drive into it and the other two programs should work.

Tried that still no soap, I guess I can fly my P2 with out the update, still working out a small issue with takeoff, she will not lift off straight up always wants to head towards me. I was hoping to connect to the PC and work on trim issues.

I found a little USB driver on the DJI website, loaded that on my W7 laptop, now the port shows up as DJI USB Virtual Com (COM16) But the computer still doesn't see it.

Tried that still no soap, I guess I can fly my P2 with out the update, still working out a small issue with takeoff, she will not lift off straight up always wants to head towards me. I was hoping to connect to the PC and work on trim issues.

Until you correct the connection problem that craft is not safe to fly and trimming is the least of your problems even if you were able connect it to the software.

There is a possibility that either your USB cable or the built into the P2 are defective. Have you tried changing the USB cable? If you have an that didn't work then maybe it' time to replace the internal cable.
Genuine DJI Phantom 2 Vision + Plus USB Interface Cable Pack Part 13

Well., I have no idea what I did, I used the DJI USB cable, and loaded the controller calibration software, and everything came to live.
Yeah. flying tomorrow.
Thanks

Well., I have no idea what I did, I used the DJI USB cable, and loaded the controller calibration software, and everything came to live.
Yeah. flying tomorrow.
Thanks

Did you do an advanced IMU which is must after any long move. Caution do not do the basic IMU nor the IMU check status.

Hello, hopefully I'll get some replies, 6~ years later..

I have the same problem, been struggling with this for days now. I'm on windows 11. the drone is not recognized via USB and I didn't get the original DJI USB cable with my purchase (used)

What can i do? i have tried several different computers, no luck. I've ran out of things to try, next on my list would be to take it apart to look for bad cables.. but I would rather not do that. so I'm asking for help here first.

I should probably mention that it's a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus, it's been in storage for a long time. so I would like to be able to calibrate the IMU and change some settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues