Phantom 2 Issues - will not start, not recognized in PT2

Reaction score
I just picked up a Phantom 2 and controller from an acquaintance who could not get it to work.
I have another P2 that flies great - so I can swap batteries and controllers to trouble shoot.
If I press the "on" button once, then again for 2 seconds the P2 will make a "click" sound, the green lights quickly flash once and then shuts down.
I have tried proven good batteries and cleaned the contacts inside the machine.
If I connect to Phantom 2 Assistant, a neither the controller or the drone are recognized.
I have searched the web (google) for ideas but so far nothing is working.
Any help or advice is appreciated.

KNicholas2

I just picked up a Phantom 2 and controller from an acquaintance who could not get it to work.
I have another P2 that flies great - so I can swap batteries and controllers to trouble shoot.
If I press the "on" button once, then again for 2 seconds the P2 will make a "click" sound, the green lights quickly flash once and then shuts down.
I have tried proven good batteries and cleaned the contacts inside the machine.
If I connect to Phantom 2 Assistant, a neither the controller or the drone are recognized.
I have searched the web (google) for ideas but so far nothing is working.
Any help or advice is appreciated.

KNicholas2

Take the lid off, have a look inside, from experience this is usually a short on the mainboard or an issue with the NAZA unit,

try a hard reset and see if the quad comes to life,

Also windows wont detect it until it powers on, as for the controller im betting you have windows 10, to use W10 you need to disable driver signing and then follow this video I did.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik