Phantom 2 Vision Plus Remote Control

Yes, the P2V+ TX range is not as good as the P2V. My record with P2V was 9500' and with P2V+ only 7400' (and sometimes only 6000' or so). I am going to add a 5.8Ghz antenna on the P2V+ TX to improve it, especially since with the P2V+ booster app I can get FPV further than that. I had added a couple of 2.4GHz antennas on the P2V but am flying the P2V+ unmodified (except the booster app). My distances are in areas without interference, and low humidity, flying at about 400'.

If you get any info about this please let us know. I am based in Melbourne, Aus and finding similar things. I have a 250 acre farm and once I to get to 750ft (roughly), I lose radio connection and it initiates "Flying Home". Never once have I lost wifi?? Annoying that the range isn't pushing beyond that limit?

I purchased mine through "Sphere", they're based in Sydney. Think I may have to speak with them?.....

The fly limit hasn't changed, so theoretically, I should be able to easily hit 1000ft with no issue.

The Phantom vision uses 2.4Ghz for control of the quad.
The Phantom 2+ uses 5.8Ghz for control of the quad and 2.4Ghz for the FPV.

As you go up in frequency 2.4Ghz >5.8Ghz you get less range for the same output. I guess that DJI realised that to make FPV work at a reasonable range they had to sit that on the 2.4Ghz frequency. This is why less range compared to a Phantom.
CE Vs FCC: I believe CE limit is 25Mw and FCC is 100Mw output so in theory double the range, not 4 times. (Inverse square law)

Peter

Does anyone's Transmitter beep once?
CE or FCC, I think all vision (plus) Transmitters beep twice.

Greetings

Another Australia (Vic) user with very limited range of the controller.

P2Vplus, still on CE mode with one beep, always loosing connection between controller and the Phantom at the 50m mark. Same issue on every flight. Video and Camera controls remain functional, but return home is triggered every time I exceed 50m (which is not even 170 feet!). Tried different locations, last weekend up at Swan Hill with nothing around me for many kms (same as RickOz reported).

I can not see any obvious connection issues on the Phantom's antenna and am a but reluctant to start opening the unit/controller as I do not want to void my warranty.

Utmost critical to ensure that home position is locked before takeoff as fly home is guaranteed.

Got mine from JA this October and just lodged my 2nd request to have it either replaced or repaired (waiting for response). Had it returned to JA for a check after the first week; although I updated all software the unit was returned to me after 2 weeks; no fault found and software updated....

Any feedback and help is much appreciated!

Special question to Australian users: I am experiencing pretty poor satellite reception as well. If I am lucky I get 8 sats after some minutes before takeoff but very often drop below 6 in-flight. Wonder if you have seen this as well or if I have a lemon with bad reception on all fronts...

Ax Melbourne

I have the vision currently which uses the same controller as the plus.

1 beep for fcc and 2 for EC mode.

edstumph said:
I have the vision currently which uses the same controller as the plus.

1 beep for fcc and 2 for EC mode.

You have this backwards.
1 = EC
2 = FCC

Ok, now that I have found this site, signed up and finished reading all the good news, there are heaps of software updates released from DJI, just now, feel a bit like an idiot....

Anyhow, planned to change from CE to FCC via RC and to do a "walk the ground test" to see when I loose connection in either mode; when connected to RC I was triggered for a software update which I did before "walking" without the update - shame on me.

Though, did the test post update, powered up the P2Vp, left it on the ground without starting the motors and started walking. I could not fail connection to the receiver in either CE or FCC mode whilst walking away from the P2Vp for some 100+ meters in crowded neighbourhood.

I am certain that I would not have had this level of reception before the software update, but I am yet to take off (after updating the rest of the software updates which came through in Australia recently) this weekend to report if my issues in flight have been resolved by the software updates or not.

Already noticed one positive report on improved connection range post SW update and hope to add my good news to the list this weekend...!

Fingers crossed for more good news from the other users!
Ax Melbourne

Hi all,

Cautious newbie here. Never flown any kind of model before so am being exceptionally careful with the P2V+. Loving it though.

Out of the box my RC beeps once and is in CE mode.

I've switched to NAZA-M mode after reading some excellent advice. I mostly fly in GPS mode but having the ability to use IOC (CL and HL) plus getting used to flying in ATTI for when GPS drops out on me seems like perfectly sensible advice. I can see why DJI want to market this as "unbox, charge, fly" but I'm sure there will be new flyers who don't know what to do first time GPS drops out.

Anyway, sorry to drift topic. I came to this thread to find out implications for switching to FCC mode. I don't want to fly particularly far away yet but surely it's better to keep control than rely on it coming home (though it does that very well).

Also, in the RC assistant software, hovering over the FCC button says that you can switch to FCC mode EITHER by turning the pot on the back OR by selecting in software. If they are in conflict it defaults to FCC. I tried it and this is correct I get the double beep after the power cycle. I put it back.

Theoretically, FCC and CE settings are not there for you to choose at will. They are there to ensure conformance with the radio transmission regulations in force in various countries. FCC is applicable to devices for use in USA, and CE for Europe. Other countries either have their own regulations, or use the FCC or CE standards.

So the selection of FCC or CE on your transmitter depends where you live. The European CE standard limits the power to a lower level than permissible in the US.

If you live in another country, you need to research what is applicable to you. However, finally, it is up to you whether you choose the higher-power FCC setting or the CE setting. Normally, we would want to operate on the highest power possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31