Phantom 2 Vision Plus camera default position

Reaction score
I might be better at repairing the P2 birds and their gimbals. but have to confess that I don't know what the default camera angle is supposed to be on the P2V+. The formerly drowned, but resurrected bird that I bought and got to taking wing once again seems to be doing everything it should.

But I see that the camera is pointed forward, but at about a 45 degree down angle. The controller wheel gives me up and down tilt, but because the controller wheel is spring loaded the camera returns to the ~45 degree down angle returns. Is this the default, and can it be changed? My P2+ with Zenmuse H4-3D locks to whatever angle I've last set the camera angle to, and kind of thought the P2V+ might be the same.

Mine has always defaulted to 0, -45, 0 (hpr) upon power-up. And that can't be changed anywhere in the apps. I don't have the new controller so I don't know much about the wheel. Seems like I have read though that the wheel needs to be calibrated?

I have the newer controller
Mine has always defaulted to 0, -45, 0 (hpr) upon power-up. And that can't be changed anywhere in the apps. I don't have the new controller so I don't know much about the wheel. Seems like I have read though that the wheel needs to be calibrated?

I have the newer controller with the camera tilt wheel, and the camera always returns to the -45 degree position when the wheel is released. The controller including the wheel and S1 switch are calibrated with the RC Assistant software. My P2+ with the Zenmuse H4-3D will hold whatever tilt position the camera was in when the wheel is released, so thought the P2V+ would be similar.

I don't yet have the upgraded controller so I'm not positive about this, but I read that you have to be sure "Upgrade Version" is checked on the Basic -- RC tab of the Vision Assistant. I do plan on getting one of these controllers so I'd like to know for sure.

By the way, my camera defaults to 45 down as well

At power up, the camera should be pointed straight out or "0" as i understand,
Maybe try the attached procedure as i was having issues and this completely resolved it.
Remote Calibration.gif

At power up, the camera should be pointed straight out or "0" as i understand,
Maybe try the attached procedure as i was having issues and this completely resolved it.
View attachment 43893

Thank you for the controller calibration info. I thought I had things fixed as the camera DOES point forward at 0 degrees at power-up. But as soon as I move the throttle or gimbal controls, the camera reverts to the -45 degree position. To be honest, I'm not sure that this is the way it's always been, so I'm going to assume that the camera gimbal is working the way it should.

Not sure how the procedure i posted does what it does, but it does work and will most likely resolve what you are experiencing.
I have two RC's and they both had the same effect as you describe, i performed this procedure and problem solved with both RC's...The camera should only be pointing to where you direct it to point once powered up.

I had this same problem. I upgraded my remote to the new one with the wheel on the left side (NPVT581). I recalibrated 6 or 7 times still wouldn't work properly. It followed the wheel to whatever position it was in. I checked, and all updates were done. NOT TRUE. Make sure when you calibrate your remote with DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 that you also calibrate the wheel, it’s on the top right side of the software (don’t forget to check the upgraded version in the software). Unplug from this and plug in the Vision Assistant_3.8. Make sure that you turn on your remote control first, and then you’re Phantom. Then go to the update page in the Vision Assistant_3.8., and do an update on the ZEN IMU it will tell you that the Version of 1.0.0.4 is up to date. But it’s not! Refresh the update on this and it will give you the 1.0.0.6. This should fix the problem. The camera will stay in position. I wish I would have known this before I spent 6 hours trying to figure this out. Hope this helps.

I might be better at repairing the P2 birds and their gimbals. but have to confess that I don't know what the default camera angle is supposed to be on the P2V+. The formerly drowned, but resurrected bird that I bought and got to taking wing once again seems to be doing everything it should.

But I see that the camera is pointed forward, but at about a 45 degree down angle. The controller wheel gives me up and down tilt, but because the controller wheel is spring loaded the camera returns to the ~45 degree down angle returns. Is this the default, and can it be changed? My P2+ with Zenmuse H4-3D locks to whatever angle I've last set the camera angle to, and kind of thought the P2V+ might be the same.

I had this same problem. I upgraded my remote to the new one with the wheel on the left side (NPVT581). I recalibrated 6 or 7 times still wouldn't work properly. It followed the wheel to whatever position it was in. I checked, and all updates were done. NOT TRUE. Make sure when you calibrate your remote with DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 that you also calibrate the wheel, it’s on the top right side of the software (don’t forget to check the upgraded version in the software). Unplug from this and plug in the Vision Assistant_3.8. Make sure that you turn on your remote control first, and then you’re Phantom. Then go to the update page in the Vision Assistant_3.8., and do an update on the ZEN IMU it will tell you that the Version of 1.0.0.4 is up to date. But it’s not! Refresh the update on this and it will give you the 1.0.0.6. This should fix the problem. The camera will stay in position. I wish I would have known this before I spent 6 hours trying to figure this out. Hope this helps.

Reactions: iowahill

Many thanks! I'll give this a try. To say that DJI's instructions were "vague" would be generous!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl