Phantom 2 Vision No connection

For the other folks who have lost their connections, I'd suggest borrowing a gimbal and camera that's known to work and try that. What may have happened is that the main control board in your gimbal has been damaged and will no longer transmit a telemetry and video signal, or at least a video signal.

Last week I was trying to bind a "new" used wifi module on a used P2V+ I bought, and wound up ruining the wifi module on my existing P2V+. I also apparently ruined two main gimbal control boards that had been working previously. I replaced one of the ruined boards with one I had lying around and everything worked.

I know that I overheated the module from my existing P2V+. I can see warped components. I don't know what would have damaged the two boards, but they will absolutely not bind anymore.

Oh I wonder what's causing the overheating problems?

Thanks for sharing though;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Clampit, if your post was directed at me, it was having the wifi module on for too long.

Clampit, if your post was directed at me, it was having the wifi module on for too long.
Yes it was monkeyleg;) just don't sound right:( that's not good. How long did you have it on for?

Is this a well know fault, just makes me wonder if people who have quite a few batteries, run them through there Phantom at one time will have the same problem as you.

Just curious monkeyleg;)

Oh, I was trying to figure out why the "new" used Phantom wouldn't bind for several hours. I wasn't thinking about the good module in my existing Phantom. When the top felt hot, it was too late.

I wonder if the airflow of flying cools the module enough or, if as you suggest, running multiple batteries is damaging. Maybe someone who's lost wifi after heavy use will chime in.

I'm certain those two boards that previously had transmitted were affected by all of my nonsense. I'm trying to figure out how.

Oh, I was trying to figure out why the "new" used Phantom wouldn't bind for several hours. I wasn't thinking about the good module in my existing Phantom. When the top felt hot, it was too late.

I wonder if the airflow of flying cools the module enough or, if as you suggest, running multiple batteries is damaging. Maybe someone who's lost wifi after heavy use will chime in.

I'm certain those two boards that previously had transmitted were affected by all of my nonsense. I'm trying to figure out how.
Be very interested in your findings, please let us know how you get on;)
Porky

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj