Phantom 2 to Flamewheel type frame

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Standard and I would like to transfer all of the electronics (motors, ESCs, FC, etc.) to a Flamewheel type frame. Main reason is that I can use standard LiPo battery with a xt60 connector like the rest of my planes and drones. Looking at the Phantom battery connection there are two blade connectors for plus & minus and an SBM connector to monitor smart functions of battery. I would eliminate the SBM connector on the Flamewheel type frame. Will the Phantom bootup and bind with the controller without this connection?

I have a Phantom 2 Standard and I would like to transfer all of the electronics (motors, ESCs, FC, etc.) to a Flamewheel type frame. Main reason is that I can use standard LiPo battery with a xt60 connector like the rest of my planes and drones. Looking at the Phantom battery connection there are two blade connectors for plus & minus and an SBM connector to monitor smart functions of battery. I would eliminate the SBM connector on the Flamewheel type frame. Will the Phantom bootup and bind with the controller without this connection?

Using the P2 mainboard the battery has to be the DJI smart type or the quad wont power on,
To see this, disconnect the SBM whilst it’s still a phantom 2 and you will see the quad flash red lights at the rear

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20