Phantom 2 Questions

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few questions/issues I hope someone can help me with.

The first question:
After adding a CAN-BUS and an iOSD module I went for a test flight and when I turned on everything I noticed that the fpv display screen now had "Landing Assistance Enabled" , which looked very similar to rearview parking on car, except the lines themself were dynamic and changed colors and flashed during landing.

The wierd thing here is that once I disabled it I cant figure how to enable it again, nor does any of the camera, iOSD, or the transmitter document as a feature, although Im leaning to it being the LCD itself as its seems so new that documentation is poor. Ive included a screen shot (see attachment), it like its a hidden feature that somehow got activated.

The second question:
I have been trying to view/capture/save flight-data with the iOSD dataviewer app, I see reference to flight data being stored on the root directory of the SD card, but the only SD card is in the 5.8GHZ LCD FPV theres no data stream or storage, although it does overlay flight telementry over the video its not saved seperatley to the sd card.

I just cant seem to make sense of how to view my flight data, ive had a few incidents it would be great to look through the data to see what happened, like a blackbox! but this not friendly as I see it.

How can I view flight data? its documented that flight data is saved as soon as its the phantom 2 is turned on, but saved where? it would seem rediculious to send it over wifi network to an mobile with no option to capture/save, DJI doesnt seem to make sense, its like they dont want people viewing raw flight data, and using .dat just makes it harder.

Can someone please clarify this, all I want to do is have the option to pull flight data after a flight, but this Data Viewer seems useless to me, I cant even find an example data file.

Configuration:

Phantom 2
+ Boscam HD19+ Camera
+ DJI iOSD Module
+ DJI Can-Bus
+ DJI v2 LED Module
+ 8032 FPV 5.8ghz Transmitter
+ 5.8ghz Wireless LCD FPV/DVR

Thanks in advance
Teesha

Attachments

• HUDz1.jpg