Reaction score
so Im flying my drone outside with gps turned on and have green lights on and everything is going good then in less than half a second it flips over and nails the ground from about 4 feet up and again at about 6-7 feet up. Ive also had it take off on its own and hit the ground and just no time to save it. Im not flying 2 miles away and I have my limits set pretty low so I cant fly off to high and far. Is this what everyone keeps talking about or do I need to be replacing some parts? if so what do I need to be looking at or just replace it!!! Everytime it does it I have both switches all the way up and gps is on and working and lights in back flash green every 5 sconds or so {not like a fast steady flashing, just your normal flash} and the red lights are steady on the front of the drone and then Bam!!! Either it takes off on its own and I save it or can not stop it before it hits the ground. 3 days ago was when I was just above the ground and it was just in a hover or flying forward at a very slow pace!
Any ideas out there or am I just one of the lucky ones with this problem and until it either slams into the ground smashing it into little pieces or I sell it off, I will always have that problem? Please Help!!

Thanks,
Rick

honestly, it will take less time and effort to just send it to a repair center
you probably have a faulty ESC and unless you are good with soldering and repairing, then just send it to a repair center

Rick are these P2's new or used units??
This is used p2. I did just replace 1 ccw motor a few weeks ago but this flip over was a few days ago and it did it twice in one day at 2 different places ( same town and elevation just 2-3 miles apart)

I did have the same problem when trying to take off a few days earlier. As soon as it got up a foot or so it flipped right over in the grass. Did that a few times in a row abd then I figured out that it was because I didnt have my prop guards on. Once I added them I had no problem with the rest of the day in which I flew several times in different parts of the town.

honestly, it will take less time and effort to just send it to a repair center
you probably have a faulty ESC and unless you are good with soldering and repairing, then just send it to a repair center
Well I have no problem doing soldering electric connections the bigger issue is whats the cause and possible solutions. I was thinking its more likely the esc(s) and Im thinking maybe trade them all out with new and if problem goes away then Great! If not then its try something else out. But thats why I like coming to this site and appreciate your help along with anybody who has info to share.

What do the prop guards have to do with it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well I was going with weight. Since I always use them I but not at that time I figured that caused it to be off. Ince guards were back on it worked perfect. I know they are not very heavy but what else would cause that to happen in that order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic