Phantom 2 Drops from sky! Help!

Reaction score
So I am out in my yard flying around with no problems and I am going up 20 feet and coming down flying around and then i go up above the trees and sit there for a bit before I start coming down, but about 30 feet off the ground I have no control and the Phantom 2 lands hard also called a crash. Is there any explanation for this behavior? Battery still had atleast two bars on it so I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Hi there,

been flying this morning my P2 and got 2 greens led i went for a run at suddenly my p2 got down vertical slow to the ocean.
I lost everything 3D gopro4 **** :( i also experienced a couple day ago a similar problem with an another battery i charged it full (4 led green) and when i plunged the P2 flashing red light like and the wheels didn't turn as any power.

I guess as it comes problems from 2 different batteries that the crash is due to that. But there were almost new ! so if there somebody experienced this type of problems ? i guess i win my x-mas day !

**** can i say f...

Cheers

Don't know about Erwan, but Scott, please google Vortex Ring State or Settle with Power.

Basically, you get caught in your own prop wash and lose lift. This is not a specific issue with the Phantom, but affects all helicopters. If it happens again, full right stick forward and apply a small amount of power - so that you move the helicopter out of the turbulent air.

Erwan, flying over the ocean means you are exposed to all sorts of thermal variances, as well as still being affected by VRS. It is quite easy to get caught in a column of air that is descending rapidly and this can cause the problems you had. Might also be a fault with the quad, putting it into auto land.

Thanks guy for your feedback. i think i've got 2 batterie that was slowly out of good work(led indication) and made my fail to the ocean. Probably i'm near africa where it's really warm actually affects also my powering...but i've seen many video above the ocean is that not recommend to fly like that ( mean at our risk?)
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl