phantom 1 prop motor problem

where can i find a phantom 1 motor?

• internet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ebay

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sooo i ended up crashing my drone into a pool, was submerged for about 2 minutes. i fished it out and let it dried out for about a day and put another battery in to see if if it would still work. everything is working fine from what i can see. except 3 out of 4 propeller motors are working. the front right motor isn't spinning. anybody know if a phantom 2 motor would fit ? i cant seem to ind anywhere that sells the the phantom 1 motors.

Sooo i ended up crashing my drone into a pool, was submerged for about 2 minutes. i fished it out and let it dried out for about a day and put another battery in to see if if it would still work. everything is working fine from what i can see. except 3 out of 4 propeller motors are working. the front right motor isn't spinning. anybody know if a phantom 2 motor would fit ? i cant seem to ind anywhere that sells the the phantom 1 motors.
How do you know it's the motor and not the esc?

How do you know it's the motor and not the esc?
good question, is there a way to test the esc? i was thinking about de-soldering the front right and back left from both respective ESC's, swapping them and re-soldering them to test. do you think this a good method?

good question, is there a way to test the esc? i was thinking about de-soldering the front right and back left from both respective ESC's, swapping them and re-soldering them to test. do you think this a good method?
That's how I would do it. Be sure to connect the wires back as before. many have messed this up and had the motor run in reverse. You may also want to cut the wires midway rather than unsolder from esc. I have heard many have had problems with the solder joints on the board. .

That's how I would do it. Be sure to connect the wires back as before. many have messed this up and had the motor run in reverse. You may also want to cut the wires midway rather than unsolder from esc. I have heard many have had problems with the solder joints on the board. .

okay thank you!, i will try the cutting them middway method. if it is the ESC could you refer me to any websites that sell the ESC ? or if it is indeed the motor a website the sells the motor?

okay thank you!, i will try the cutting them middway method. if it is the ESC could you refer me to any websites that sell the ESC ? or if it is indeed the motor a website the sells the motor?
Ebay maybe. B&H Photo may have some parts also. I have also heard that some have had trouble tinning the wires. They said it had a coating on the wire they needed to scrape away. I would use jumpers before any permanent work.
Be sure to mark your top shell so it goes back the same way or the gps will face the wrong way.

Ebay maybe. B&H Photo may have some parts also. I have also heard that some have had trouble tinning the wires. They said it had a coating on the wire they needed to scrape away. I would use jumpers before any permanent work.
Be sure to mark your top shell so it goes back the same way or the gps will face the wrong way.
could you explain what you meant by jumpers? im a newbie :(

ahhh i see, i attach each end of the clips to the different ECS board?
No. You cut the wires to the motors then switch motors. Then, using the jumpers, reconnect the motors (it gives you a temporary connection to see if the motor works). The jumpers connect the cut wire from the ESC to the cut wire from the motor ( so you don't have to solder the wires back together just to test). Don't mess with the ESC board, just the wires coming from it.

If the offending motor, in it's new location, doesn't work, you know it's a bad motor. If it DOES work and the other motor suddenly doesn't, then you know you have a bad ESC.

Hey TopGun, I had a crash back in January when I was experimenting with Manual Mode. Got sand in one motor and had to replace it. This motor from Amazon was a direct replacement. It says Phantom 2, but is exactly like the others in my P1.1.1. Just be careful to get the right direction of spin. The designation CW and CCW can be a little confusing sometimes, especially when the vendor has no idea what that means. I had to send back my first order and get the other one. One foolproof way to insure you get exactly what you need is to check the top of the motor shaft. If it has a black dot on the old motor, make sure the one you order has a black dot. If no dot on the old motor, same/same. It may take some extra communication with the seller, but it's worth it in the long run.

Hope you get fixed soon. Let us know, bud...

Okay guys I have found out that the problem is the front right ESC to explain the motor not spinning. I disconnected the motors from both ESC boards by cutting the wires at mid point then I Switched the motors of the opposing sides(front right and back left motors)then by twisting the wires together instead of soldering them together (Front right and back left motors). The front right ESC board is bad. I believe the ESC has a shortage because the motor twitches when power is applied. It also twitched when the orginal was on it. I looked on helipad.com has it I will order the new board tonight, what do you guys think ? Phantom-05 Phantom ESC (Red)

Sounds like a winner. I'm glad it wasn't the motor, especially since I forgot to include the link in my post :eek:

Okay guys I have found out that the problem is the front right ESC to explain the motor not spinning. I disconnected the motors from both ESC boards by cutting the wires at mid point then I Switched the motors of the opposing sides(front right and back left motors)then by twisting the wires together instead of soldering them together (Front right and back left motors). The front right ESC board is bad. I believe the ESC has a shortage because the motor twitches when power is applied. It also twitched when the orginal was on it. I looked on helipad.com has it I will order the new board tonight, what do you guys think ? Phantom-05 Phantom ESC (Red)
B&H Photo sells the parts. I would rather order from them than a place in another country.

B&H Photo sells the parts. I would rather order from them than a place in another country.
I ordered the part on Amazon. It should be here by Saturday. Any suggestions on a FPV I can order on Amazon? Decided I'm gonna come back strong and upgrade my phantom. Also ordering phantom 2 self tightening Properllers. I heard the give a more stable flight and better flight time. But the FPV is a must.

I ordered the part on Amazon. It should be here by Saturday. Any suggestions on a FPV I can order on Amazon? Decided I'm gonna come back strong and upgrade my phantom. Also ordering phantom 2 self tightening Properllers. I heard the give a more stable flight and better flight time. But the FPV is a must.
I thought you ordered from Helipal. Oh well. B&H is a good place. I bought all three of my phantoms from them. Aren't your props self tightening now? For FPV, you may want to wait a few days until the guys in charge get their act together. I have stock props on 2 of my P1s and they are fine. The one P1 that I have a 3 axis gimble and gopro on..I have 9450 props and am using a 4000 ma flight battery. I tried the larger props on it before adding the extra weight and it didn't fly as well as stock props but does better with the larger battery with camera and gimbal.

Helipad doesn't ship to my country so I had to settle with amazon.
My props are self tightening but I feel as if the phantom 2 stock props are better designed. I have the 3 axis gimbal on my as well. But I have to get my tilt lever. How much flight time do you get out of your 4000 am flight buttery ?

Helipad doesn't ship to my country so I had to settle with amazon.
My props are self tightening but I feel as if the phantom 2 stock props are better designed. I have the 3 axis gimbal on my as well. But I have to get my tilt lever. How much flight time do you get out of your 4000 am flight buttery ?
My three axis gimbal is heavier than my 2 axis. I can get maybe 10 minutes . I bring down at first sign of red flashes. The larger props are not designed better, they are just larger.

guys I replaced the ESC on the defective side, before I closed it up I put a battery in and turned the motors on( no properllers were attatched as yet and I didn't close up the top and put all the screws in) all the motors came on perfectly. I added power and reduced power and everything worked fine. When I closed it up how ever and tried to do a test flight. When I tried to start the motors they would just twitch and not spin also noticed a yellow light was flashing. So when I opened it back up and noticed My friend accidentally put the gps in the wrong place on the naza. He plugged it into the motor side on the naza. That explains the yellow flashing. At first I thought the screws maybe we're to tightly screwed in that there effecting the rotating of the motor but that can't be it because after I repose end it, I took out all the screws to see I feel it would work but that was a no go. Do you think plugging that gps wire into the wrong side shorted out the rest of the ESC's because now only one side wants to work (back left). I don't understand it. Everything was working fine before I I closed it up. Maybe I need to reprogram the naza by plugging it into the laptop? Sigh idk please help :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic