Phantom 1 gone?

Reaction score
I checked in yesterday with BH photo on current pricing for Phantom 1. They said they were out and more coming and to check box to be notified when back in stock. Got email today saying "no longer available" well that sucks. I would step up to a better Phantom but with all the troubles with new batteries people are having....let alone the quads, ribbon cables, cameras and gimbals..not sure what to do. I have a Phantom 1 still flying....is it my last Phantom???

gotta remember that this is the kind of place people come to complain or ask help with issues, honestly I think most Phantom 2's are fine. The "flyaway" issue is basically gone, I haven't seen a legit flyaway thread since firmware version 3. I have seen some battery complaints but I don't fully understand that issue, I have no problem with mine but I have official batteries... my point being I think that issue still falls into the "exception" category, not "standard / everyone is having it".

If you're going to be buying NEW equipment, splurge the extra $100 and get the Version 2.0 Phantom2 they look really sweet and have the new RC with the wheel to control the gimbal. I kind of really want one of those. Plus from what I understand the flight time on a P2 is almost double a P1?

If you get the P2 with H3-3D gimbal, it's super easy to add FPV, and it's not hard to NOT **** up the little USB ribbon cable as long as you're careful and don't crash. If you crash hard it doesn't matter what Phantom you have you're going to damage gimbals and cables :)

that being said if you really really want a Phantom 1 you can usually find them on Ebay for fairly cheap

I don't need a Phantom 1 but I don't want headaches either. I guess the Phantom 2 is maybe the way to go next. What's the diff ver 1 to ver 2. I already have Fatshark fpv on 5.8 .

You should still be able to get FC40s. They use 5.8 Ghz instead of 2.4 Ghz, though.

Monte55 said:
I checked in yesterday with BH photo on current pricing for Phantom 1. They said they were out and more coming and to check box to be notified when back in stock. Got email today saying "no longer available" well that sucks. I would step up to a better Phantom but with all the troubles with new batteries people are having....let alone the quads, ribbon cables, cameras and gimbals..not sure what to do. I have a Phantom 1 still flying....is it my last Phantom???
Amazon still has the Phantom 1
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Aeria ... ds=phantom

Monte55 said:
I don't need a Phantom 1 but I don't want headaches either. I guess the Phantom 2 is maybe the way to go next. What's the diff ver 1 to ver 2. I already have Fatshark fpv on 5.8 .
version 2 = upgraded firmware on ESC's , better motors , better controller .

Thanks for the replies guys. Things I have learned. Amazon sells the Phantom 1 but doesn't state what version. I don't like that. Even BH PHOTO doesn't always state. Like the Phantom 2. I guess if it's not stated version 2, it's the earlier one. What would I gain by getting the Phantom 2 ver 2 over the standard Phantom 2. I know the tx is different with thumb wheel, lipo tx battery which is no big deal to me since I doubt I'll ever get a high priced gimble. I see so many having problems and breaking these things left and right. So to step up from my Phantom 1.1.1 to a Phantom 2 ver 2 is over $200 more to have a simple quad that uses expensive batteries. Is there something I am missing here. ?

I wouldn't consider my Phantom 1 a piece of crap. It flies fine. Flying wise, what makes a Phantom 2 better than Phantom 1 other than bigger battery

Paul K said:
I have P1 and P2 and I have to say ,the P2 is more stable platform
+1

What makes it more stable?. Larger props.? Are all 5200 ma batteries considered smart batteries? Do they all accept firmware ugrades. Longer flight would be nice. My P1 1.1.1 is quite stable and on a calm day I can get nice gopro video. Never have had jello and I don't have the anti vibe mount. Just the plastic mount that came with it. I'll admit a gimble would be nice at times to make up for quad tilting.

The P1 is an early evolutionary step on the way to developing the P2 series.
The P2s are so far ahead of the original Phantom in so many ways that it was completely superseded the day the P2 came out.

I don't seem to be getting an answer to this question. I understand the early P1 may have had problems. I have the Phanton 1 ver 1.1.1 that uses the same naza as the P2. What makes the P2 more stable?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl