Phantom 1 Gimbal Pitch Twitch

Reaction score
Phantom 1...The model prior to the self tightening Props

Added a BGC Gimbal. I added Pitch Control to this setup.

On the Phantom Side:
Plugged into the 7th channel of the NAZA, into into the Pitch connector on the BGC Gimbal.

On the Controller Side:
Removed the trim pot off the board, and wired in a 10K Potentiometer.

Within the NAZA-M V2 Assistant Software:

In the Advanced Button/Gimbal tab enabled the Gimbal Switch radial
In the Basic Button/RC tab performed the X1 Calibration

The Gimbal twitches on pitch.

When I go into the NAZA-M V2 Assistant Software Basic/RC tab and view the X1 channel under "Sticks Monitor". The indicator itself is twitching on the scale which is matching up to the behavior of the Gimbal Pitch.

My question is how to understand where this information is coming from.

You start with the Controller. The Potentiometer to the Controller. Sends through RC into the Receiver on the Phantom. Goes into the NAZA. Than on to the Gimbal Controller.

Is this a fair flow?

Last edited:
Would you provide a link to your gimbal.

My cheap Chinese gimbal twitches sometimes when the wires get caught where they shouldn't be.

Yours does as well?
My video cables are a bit stiff and need to be routed so the gimbal doesn't touch it or has to push it.

typos...edited

Run the gimbal GUI and set power from 50 to 120 / 140. This wil more than double the power to the motors and prevents it from twitching. I have a action cam and a cctv FPV cam UNDER the action cam and even with 5 wires to the cam + the compas I can get the camera to look straight down without twitching.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Run the gimbal GUI and set power from 50 to 120 / 140. This wil more than double the power to the motors and prevents it from twitching. I have a action cam and a cctv FPV cam UNDER the action cam and even with 5 wires to the cam + the compas I can get the camera to look straight down without twitching.

Shesh, why didn't I think of that. :eek:

Yep Lake Flyer, anything touching which shouldn't be, sets it off like a nervous wet cat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1