Phantom 1 battery may have destroyed my Rear LED indicator.

Reaction score
Hey,
So I have a DJI Phantom 1 and I was going to take it out for a flight and it looks like the battery connector shorted out or destroyed something. The battery compartment smoked, but the battery and the rest of the phantom is perfectly fine. Looking in the compartment, it looks like the micro-usb connector and the power cables running to the LED indicator have been burned. The rear LED does not work at all now, but the rest of the copter functions perfectly. But before suggestions to open it up and look at it, one of the motor screws (the hex key ones) is badly stripped (not my doing). So 2 problems that I hope that y'all can help me with:

A: How to fix that stripped screw and open up the case
and
B: What to do about the LED

Thanks Y'all

Pictures
AoiK3gz.jpg

b2ciMM9.jpg

4gPmQC5.jpg

Re: Phantom 1 battery may have destroyed my Rear LED indicat

To remove the stripped screw, find a flat bladed screwdriver that is slightly longer than the width of the screw hole and then file it down until it's a really tight fit - like you need to wedge it into the hole. cushion the 'copter so that you can press down really hard and then press and turn the screw driver until the screw starts to turn. You might need to angle the screwdriver slightly to get this to work.

Regarding the burning, something has obviously got very hot. This maybe a failing connector or damaged insulation on a cable that allowed a partial short. You will need to replace anything with heat damage, as you don't know if it will get worse. Check the connectors for any pitting or corrosion as this is a sure sign of a high resistance connection causing heat build up.

Re: Phantom 1 battery may have destroyed my Rear LED indicat

Note that the stripped screw is for the motor mount and does not need to be removed to take the lid off of your Phantom to get inside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl