PH3Pro Controller issue

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I've had the Phantom 3 Pro with the GL300A controller, for a couple of years with no issues prior to today. I attempted to upgrade the firmware to 1.11.20 today. The aircraft updated fine with no errors, the controller on the other hand will not update from 1.1.8.

I've attempted all three methods of upgrading with the same result: Abort. The txt file indicates the version is newer or identical as the bin file.
==========2017.09.10 16:16:33==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin,

Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

During the upgrade, the blue indicator fails to launch. I merely get a fast flashing green light. As if to say there is some data being transferred. I attempted to hard reset the controller with no difference in version number.

The unit will not fly until I resolve the difference in versions in the firmware. I have a couple of questions:
1) Can you provide a link to the old firmware? Any older firmware is appreciated. Even the original firmware will do.
2) Is there a 'controller only' firmware file I can use?
3) Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue of upgrading the firmware on the controller?

Many Thanks,
Rick

Good Afternoon,
I've had the Phantom 3 Pro with the GL300A controller, for a couple of years with no issues prior to today. I attempted to upgrade the firmware to 1.11.20 today. The aircraft updated fine with no errors, the controller on the other hand will not update from 1.1.8.

I've attempted all three methods of upgrading with the same result: Abort. The txt file indicates the version is newer or identical as the bin file.
==========2017.09.10 16:16:33==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin,

Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

During the upgrade, the blue indicator fails to launch. I merely get a fast flashing green light. As if to say there is some data being transferred. I attempted to hard reset the controller with no difference in version number.

The unit will not fly until I resolve the difference in versions in the firmware. I have a couple of questions:
1) Can you provide a link to the old firmware? Any older firmware is appreciated. Even the original firmware will do.
2) Is there a 'controller only' firmware file I can use?
3) Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue of upgrading the firmware on the controller?

Many Thanks,
Rick
My response in your other thread:
PH3Pro Controller Issue

Update: FYI to any follow up readers - My detailed response to this same question in another thread was lost when the other thread was deleted instead of this thread.

Last edited:
It'll be easier if you keep everything in on thread. This one has a reply with some things you should look into:

PH3Pro Controller Issue

Thank you.
Oso,
Thank you very much; the files you provided worked wonderfully. The PH3Pro is back in business and with the latest firmware updates.
The key was a slow progression to 1.11.20. The process involved the firmware upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9, 1.3.2 then the automatic system took over.
Once again, many thanks.
Rick

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31