People who have bought second hand or refurbished - how many have had issues?

I bought a P4 and a P4P from Advexture, both refurbished and no problems. Full warranty on both.

After drowning my new (but lots of flights) P3S, I replaced it with a refurbished one. No problems!

The place where I was planning on buying a refurbished P3S has now sold out (typically just before I had enough money). They don't know when or if they're getting any more refurbs in.

So this leaves me with two options. I can either hit eBay and look for something used or buy a refurb (but with only 3 months warranty) from the only other place that had refurbished units at the moment.

I'm in the UK and it doesn't seem like I can buy a refurb direct from the DJI site either.

The fact that this place (Scan.co.uk) only gives 3 months warranty, whereas the other place I was originally going to purchase gave the full 12 does concern me a bit. Am I being over cautious?

Is there anyone here who had bought second hand or refurbished and had something go wrong or am I just worrying about nothing? Are these stress cracks I read about a frequent problem?

I know there's always a chance of something going wrong but should I hold off and try to find something with longer warranty or will I be ok with none/3 months?
I've bought two of them from Dronenerds in Miami and I don't have any complaints, and they have the same warranty as anew one from DJI, 1 year!

I'm on my 3rd P3A, the last one I bought was thru DJI's refurbished store. It has the same warranty as new and all the parts/batteries/props from the first two fit as spares. No problems whatsoever. If everything was interchangeable, I'd upgrade. But I'm happy with the P3A, and my first two quads were sidelined because of loss of operators' common sense. ;)

DJI Refurbish | DJI Store

This is great, I'm off to click that big green buy button!

Being delivered tomorrow, I see...... Have fun!

You seem to be well-covered as regards warranty but (in the UK), The Consumer Rights Act (2015) applies anyway, which means that whatever the retailer might say, for 6 months they are responsible for any faults which existed or were developing at the time of sale and have to carry out a free repair or provide a refund or an equal replacement. Of course, this doesn't apply if the damage/failure is down to something you did.... But even then he would have to prove that in court.

It doesn't matter where the retailer is based - although, of course, a UK base would be more convenient for taking them to the small claims court and enforcement of any judgement should they not comply with the Act. It's relatively cheap to do so.... Make a court claim for money: Court fees - GOV.UK

Details of the Act are here:- Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Which? Consumer Rights

But anyway, you already seem to have it covered, warranty-wise - but it's worth knowing what you can do if the retailer fails to live up to their warranty promise (and, indeed for the 3 months beyond what they say is the 'official' warranty period). You also have DJI warranty as a backup, which is good.

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff
I got my P3 Standard Refurb from Newegg for $314 and Free 2 day shipping from DJI Direct.
IT looks NEW !!!
I could not find any trace of it ever being out of the original box !!

My used from amazon was missing the micro uSB cable. Could be missing more pieces as I have not checked if all the accesories are in the box.

My used from amazon was missing the micro uSB cable. Could be missing more pieces as I have not checked if all the accesories are in the box.
I don't have a P3S but I don't think they are supplied with a USB cable, even when new. A P3S connects by wifi.

See here at 2:39 seconds.

Watch ebay very closely, alot of these guys are selling returned dji drones so they already had problems before you get them, i know for experience sadly to say but i have learned alot

I was about to buy refurbished from Amazon but then read that dji only warranties from authorized dealers. I didn't see the third party seller on their list. And someone asked the seller if they warranty and they wouldn't give a straight answer.

Instead, I just bought refurbished straight from dji for same price. Shipping was one week.

Looks brand new. Used for couple weeks and no issues.

Bought a refurbished P4 from Drone Nerds. It looked brand new, and has worked perfect. Highly recommended.

Reactions: macoman
Hopefully I should be picking up the Phantom tonight, I'll report back here as to the condition.

Of course the (rare) bout of good weather we've been enjoying here (Northern Ireland) has been replace by the usual rain ☹️ so goodness only knows when I'll actually get out to fly it!

I have one, had it for a year, works great. I have also recommended refurbished P3 systems for friends, 3 actually and theirs all work great too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z