People who have bought second hand or refurbished - how many have had issues?

I bought my 3 Standard off of Craigslist for $275 and it's been totally perfect. It didn't look like it was babied, either.

Workhorse of a quad

My 1st and 2nd ones had severe range issues after FW updates. I ordered a 3rd refurbished unit, scheduled to be delivered today. I'm hoping it comes with older FW installed and has no range issues. If it works as it should, I will not be updating FW or app EVER again!

My 1st and 2nd ones had severe range issues after FW updates. I ordered a 3rd refurbished unit, scheduled to be delivered today. I'm hoping it comes with older FW installed and has no range issues. If it works as it should, I will not be updating FW or app EVER again!

Why dont you just downgrade the firmware?

Why dont you just downgrade the firmware?
I tried but could only get down to 1.3.5. That did not fix my issues. All the refurbished units come with 1.2.4 installed and they work fine. But I could not roll back to 1.2.4. The RC would not link to AC for any firmware before 1.3.5. Some of us are starting to think that FW updates somehow fry the hardware. It may not happen to everyone, but it appears to have happened to me twice already. The 3rd unit I ordered just arrived. Like the others, it also has 1.2.4 installed. I have not taken it for it's maiden flight yet, but I'm not touching the FW update. The RC came completely discharged so as soon as it's charged up, I will take it for a flight till I lose range.

I tried but could only get down to 1.3.5. That did not fix my issues. All the refurbished units come with 1.2.4 installed and they work fine. But I could not roll back to 1.2.4. The RC would not link to AC for any firmware before 1.3.5. Some of us are starting to think that FW updates somehow fry the hardware. It may not happen to everyone, but it appears to have happened to me twice already. The 3rd unit I ordered just arrived. Like the others, it also has 1.2.4 installed. I have not taken it for it's maiden flight yet, but I'm not touching the FW update. The RC came completely discharged so as soon as it's charged up, I will take it for a flight till I lose range.

Im definitely curious to hear what happens...I dont even know what my FW is at the moment. Mine has been sitting for a few months now

Well the Phantom is here, but unfortunately is going back.....

The box is scuffed which I totally expect with a refurb, but on opening I found the gimbal guard was not attached properly so the gimbal was hanging loose.

There is a also a small mark on the camera lens which may or may not have been caused by the loose gimbal. There are also a couple of chips on the outer camera casing.

Either way I'm sending it back because a scuffed box I can cope with but the mark on the lens, even though it's small, is to me (especially as a photographer) unacceptable.

Scan are a great company so I don't expect to have any issues with the return.

1494874727685.jpg

does it count as Refurb if its been kicked down two flights of stairs?

Well the Phantom is here, but unfortunately is going back.....

The box is scuffed which I totally expect with a refurb, but on opening I found the gimbal guard was not attached properly so the gimbal was hanging loose.

There is a also a small mark on the camera lens which may or may not have been caused by the loose gimbal. There are also a couple of chips on the outer camera casing.

Either way I'm sending it back because a scuffed box I can cope with but the mark on the lens, even though it's small, is to me (especially as a photographer) unacceptable.

Scan are a great company so I don't expect to have any issues with the return.

View attachment 82303
Well it appears I may have been to hasty, because after attacking the lens with some lens cleaner and a cloth the mark is gone!

Also apparently the gimbal guard coming loose in transit is a common issue and nothing to be worried about?

Well it appears I may have been to hasty, because after attacking the lens with some lens cleaner and a cloth the mark is gone!

Also apparently the gimbal guard coming loose in transit is a common issue and nothing to be worried about?

What's the limit of time for a return?

If you fly it for a few weeks and its seems fine, I don't see a point in returning it

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff
I wish i'd realised scan did refurbs lol. Glad you got a great deal. I've used scan since my teens for a multitude of pc builds/spares with no problems although moved sown south so weren't as handy then for getting it off the shelf on the day!

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff
I wish i'd realised scan did refurbs lol. Glad you got a great deal. I've used scan since my teens for a multitude of pc builds/spares with no problems although moved sown south so weren't as handy then for getting it off the shelf on the day!
Yeah I've used Scan for PC bits n pieces before.

Hopefully I'll not need to avail of the warranty but if I do at least I know they're a decent company.

I bought factory refurbished p3 standard so far video at 1000 feet in the air are impressive that's all the higher I have set my Litchi program and it is factory refurbished from drone nerds absolutely happy as heck no problems at all so far and have had it about 7-8 months not needed any warranty as worked flawlessly have ask questions from drone nerds and they have always answered my question right away very happy and love my drone would not buy anything but DJI and not one bit afraid of factory refurbished hope this helps this is the first drone I have ever owned also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl