People who have bought second hand or refurbished - how many have had issues?

Reaction score
The place where I was planning on buying a refurbished P3S has now sold out (typically just before I had enough money). They don't know when or if they're getting any more refurbs in.

So this leaves me with two options. I can either hit eBay and look for something used or buy a refurb (but with only 3 months warranty) from the only other place that had refurbished units at the moment.

I'm in the UK and it doesn't seem like I can buy a refurb direct from the DJI site either.

The fact that this place (Scan.co.uk) only gives 3 months warranty, whereas the other place I was originally going to purchase gave the full 12 does concern me a bit. Am I being over cautious?

Is there anyone here who had bought second hand or refurbished and had something go wrong or am I just worrying about nothing? Are these stress cracks I read about a frequent problem?

I know there's always a chance of something going wrong but should I hold off and try to find something with longer warranty or will I be ok with none/3 months?

I was under the impression that refurbished units came with the same warranty as a brand new unit if purchased from an authorized DJI dealer.

Are you sure the refurbished ones on that site are factory refurbished, or were they refurbished by that particular company, with a 3 month warranty through them?

I was under the impression that refurbished units came with the same warranty as a brand new unit if purchased from an authorized DJI dealer.

Are you sure the refurbished ones on that site are factory refurbished, or were they refurbished by that particular company, with a 3 month warranty through them?
https://www.scan.co.uk/products/dj...p-60-fhd-1080p-30-smart-features-(refurbishe

It's this one here. It says refurbished by DJI but when I asked they said it was only a 3 month warranty on them.

This is straight from the DJI website.

"...all refurbished products come with new parts, new packaging and DJI's standard Manufacturer Warranty."

If you've looked at DJI Refurbish and you can't purchase through there, then maybe 3 months is better than no months?

When you only see that they provide 3 months of warranty, this is not a refurbished from DJI... This is someone's business that repair drones and provide this kind of warranty.

Reactions: embayweather
When you only see that they provide 3 months of warranty, this is not a refurbished from DJI... This is someone's business that repair drones and provide this kind of warranty.
I've emailed them and asked why their warranty is so short. I'll update this thread when they get back to me.

We bought from e bay with no issues think most that are selling on e bay have upgraded to another drone and the equipment is in good condition.some good prices with extra batterys and add ons so wouldn't not consider E bay but no warrenty obviously.

Reactions: Proud_Hufflepuff
I bought a refurbished unit from a DJI authorized dealer. I have not had any issues. I couldn't tell it wasn't new. I thought maybe they made a mistake. Lol 1 year warranty. I have flown it 1290 m. from me and still had a good signal.

yep i brought refurb p3s from ebay only issue ive had is sd card stopped locking in, and since i live in new zealand i have to send back to usa to be fixed under warrenty which makes it uneconomical to fix. so if buying refurb remember that warrenty repairs can only be fixed from store of purchase.

That's what I thought but Scan are a very reputable site.

I brought from Scan and this is my understanding.
3 month warranty is from them and it's a sort of return to base and we will swap it warranty offered by them but within the box you get the details of the DJI refurb this then acts as your 12m warranty from DJI (after your 3 months is up) so IMO it's actually a better service.

:)

I brought from Scan and this is my understanding.
3 month warranty is from them and it's a sort of return to base and we will swap it warranty offered by them but within the box you get the details of the DJI refurb this then acts as your 12m warranty from DJI (after your 3 months is up) so IMO it's actually a better service.

:)
Ah! This is good to hear! So essentially it's like having a 15 month warranty?

Ah! This is good to hear! So essentially it's like having a 15 month warranty?

Haha not quite! Hopefully i can explain better ...
Any problems within 3 months go to Scan and they will fix or replace :) your DJI 12 months is still running in this time though so you could go to them. After 3 months has passed it's over to DJI for the remaining 9 months if anything happens.

I meant it was better as could go back to Scan for the first 3 months rather than relying on DJI.

Hope that helps!

P.S I couldn't recommend Scan highly enough!

Haha not quite! Hopefully i can explain better ...
Any problems within 3 months go to Scan and they will fix or replace :) your DJI 12 months is still running in this time though so you could go to them. After 3 months has passed it's over to DJI for the remaining 9 months if anything happens.

I meant it was better as could go back to Scan for the first 3 months rather than relying on DJI.

Hope that helps!

P.S I couldn't recommend Scan highly enough!
Ah I see!

You've actually explained it much better than than Scans customer service did!

The impression they have was that it was only 3 months and didn't mention DJI at all!

This is great, I'm off to click that big green buy button!

Ah I see!

You've actually explained it much better than than Scans customer service did!

The impression they have was that it was only 3 months and didn't mention DJI at all!

This is great, I'm off to click that big green buy button!

Yeh it was the only thing they weren't sure on when i brought its bcuz they mainly deal with IT equipment (which they are second to none for btw).

All DJI stuff was in my box :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic