Part 107 test today

I did the online test for Pilots before the 29th gat the cert. Took it to the CFI I use had him sign off in my log book. On Tuesday he called and said he had more paper work to turn in so I went by sign it. On Sat. I took the test, filled out the online information on Sunday afternoon and within 10 min my temp cert was available for printing. The temp did not have any reference to my Private pilot license on it. In the iacra summary it shows my Private pilot license with all of my ratings. I think the private pilot paper process is going to take a lot longer than the online one from the testing center.

On another point I was asked, If you are not a pilot is there a fee for the TSA Vetting process? anyone know?
There is no fee for the background check. I think they should auto clear us too if we have Global Entry - that requires an interview with customs and background check. So lump us in there with part 61 pilots.

Capture.PNG

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but according to the linked PDF, a DUI is not considered a "disqualifying crime"? My friend doesn't have one and most likely will not receive one, but he wants to make sure before he takes the test.

So I'm a recreational flyer and I just landed a job opportunity in the commercial real estate field. I was told to get my commercial licence and I so I can begin to make money off of my aerial photos, but I have a 10 year old drug conviction (sold my dorm mate some of my prescribed painkillers and did not know he was a CI)

Honestly, do you think I can still obtain my commercial remote pilot's licence? According to the statute, it says it has to be at least 1 year old. Im 35 now and was 18 when convicted.

Shoot it to me straight, not chaser fellas!

Thanks

So I'm a recreational flyer and I just landed a job opportunity in the commercial real estate field. I was told to get my commercial licence and I so I can begin to make money off of my aerial photos, but I have a 10 year old drug conviction (sold my dorm mate some of my prescribed painkillers and did not know he was a CI)

Honestly, do you think I can still obtain my commercial remote pilot's licence? According to the statute, it says it has to be at least 1 year old. Im 35 now and was 18 when convicted.

Shoot it to me straight, not chaser fellas!

Thanks

According to the published rules, that is not grounds for disqualification - as you note it's more than one year ago.

Whew! I feel better about studying for the test and moving forward with the cert process. how was the test? has anybody taken it yet?

also, has anybody tried dronebase.com for money making opportunities?

Whew! I feel better about studying for the test and moving forward with the cert process. how was the test? has anybody taken it yet?

I didn't think that the test was difficult, but I was already familiar with much of the material. You probably won't pass it without studying the subject areas, but there are plenty of free resources and several practice test websites available to work from.

I'm in... Took mine yesterday and did well. I do think the online course helped. I just didnt have time to sift through all the material. Online does that for you. I will say this though do take the time to read the actual reference material and the FAA study items but don't think you will ace it based on taking the practice tests..Don't try memorizing practice questions. Understand the concepts.

Reactions: sar104
I used UAVgroundschool... The test was more difficult than I anticipated. I scored well but ... but 2 other guys that took it did not pass..

oughtI had a few METAR questions... killed them.. The instructor told me there is a test bank of 1000 questions and they are chosen randomly. Which I believe because I had two questions that were essentially the same but worded a little different. The answer was the same. Weird! I had no prognostic weather questions. Meh!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31