107 test

I was a MCSAP DOT officer in PA for years...the Federal regulations aren’t pretty either (lengthy).

I hooked up with an established real estate photography agency that was looking to do aerials. I partnered with them and I only do the real estate through them so they get their cut. It’s worth it to me because otherwise it would have been hard to get my “in” with the realtor crowd.

Maybe you could do the same?
Maybe...I was more interested in having prints made, and when you mentioned selling prints I thought that was what you did for business

Reactions: PhoenixOne
Maybe...I was more interested in having prints made, and when you mentioned selling prints I thought that was what you did for business

sorry I sell digital pictures. I do however print pictures on my Epson et-7700 which does a decent job.

I just passed the 107 test today. I got a 90 on it not bad.My question is what does most pilots do ? I know everyone is not using a sectional chart.
So is LAANC the way to go? Or are there other apps. that work too
Congratulations! Hopefully going for mine soon as well!

If you can not afford the $160 dollars to be in the Drone business, then you shouldn't be in the drone business. I make $200 per house that I take pictures of for real estate agents. One house pays for my pilots license. So Hair Cutters, Plumbers, Surveyors, Pilots, all need education, license and certificates, to practice their craft, businesses need a business license. Its not infringing on any rights when the the Fed and State Gov set regulations to protect the general public from uneducated participants in a particular field.

If you can not afford the $160 dollars to be in the Drone business, then you shouldn't be in the drone business. I make $200 per house that I take pictures of for real estate agents. One house pays for my pilots license. So Hair Cutters, Plumbers, Surveyors, Pilots, all need education, license and certificates, to practice their craft, businesses need a business license. Its not infringing on any rights when the the Fed and State Gov set regulations to protect the general public from uneducated participants in a particular field.
Who are you talking to bro??

If you are flying in controlled airspace, you have two options. If the airspace is LAANC active, you can use a USS for approval. Some have mentioned Airmap, but I strongly advise against using them. They are not friendly to the UAS industry. They have actively (with money) supported legislation that would close the airspace below 200' to many UAS uses.

Go with www.skyward.io, or for a paid subsciption ($5/month), try www.uasidekick.com.
The fear mongering promoted by Mr. Moss and Skyward against Airmap seems to be a never ending saga. Mr. Moss insists he is not paid by Skyward, but certainly spends a lot of time dissing Airmap. Mr. Moss's claim that Airmap is not friendly to the UAS industry is disingenuous and uses statements out of context. I've used Airmap for the past three years. Airmap is always reliable and always WORKS when I need it. Skyward does not work on Android. It will work on a desktop but that's not convenient when you're out in the field. On the desktop, trying to get to the information means wading through page after page of junk. Now he's promoting a new one, UASidekick. Trying to sell a paid subscription but one of the first things that pops up is "Coming Soon...." and how to unsubscribe because of "issues..." Beware! It's best just to try both and see what works for you. And discount the continual Airmap dissing by Mr. Moss.

Because the testing facility isn't a charity. It costs money to operate and the fees are mandated across the board to keep the facilities from getting "greedy" and jacking the prices up on us.

If we want to be big boys and fly our aircraft in the NAS there are rules and regulations to abide by. If we want to do this beyond hobby/recreational intent then Part 107 is the requirement.

If you fly completely within the Hobby/Recreational rules (which you aren't by creating content to sell) then don't take Part 107. It's really that simple.

Sometimes it comes down to following your own moral compass. Sometimes its about doing what's right rather than what we "Want".
@BigAl07...Have you ever sped when you drive? Speed kills. Car accidents kill more people than drones to date. If you speed, where's you moral compass? You know it's against a more relevant law.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
The fear mongering promoted by Mr. Moss and Skyward against Airmap seems to be a never ending saga. Mr. Moss insists he is not paid by Skyward, but certainly spends a lot of time dissing Airmap. Mr. Moss's claim that Airmap is not friendly to the UAS industry is disingenuous and uses statements out of context. I've used Airmap for the past three years. Airmap is always reliable and always WORKS when I need it. Skyward does not work on Android. It will work on a desktop but that's not convenient when you're out in the field. On the desktop, trying to get to the information means wading through page after page of junk. Now he's promoting a new one, UASidekick. Trying to sell a paid subscription but one of the first things that pops up is "Coming Soon...." and how to unsubscribe because of "issues..." Beware! It's best just to try both and see what works for you. And discount the continual Airmap dissing by Mr. Moss.
Do you own research.

You are wrong, I am right. This industry would be much better off without Airmap, and their co-founders. And I do not work for Skyward. I work for myself and Drone U.

And many in this industry have done their own research. I suggest you do the same thing. I have no idea who you are, but if you have an issue with me, don't hide behind your membership name. I'm easy enough too find.

AirMap is a horrible, horrible company, with zero interest in how well this industry survives. They only care about money. Research the two co-founders, and their stance on the ULC, the Feinstein bill (https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...88CC2E3D7D090130DE655B22BEA674C7.ros17470.pdf), and what states they work with the control the airspace. Airmap had their lobbyists pump money into that bill and create a letter writing campaign to get other Senators on board. It failed miserably.

They want to have the ability of make have states pay them to then sell that access to drone operators to simply use what we already have usage of.

Do a little research into McNeal's first foray into controlling drone access. His first company was noflyzone(.)org, where people could sign up their homes and businesses to make it impossible for drones to fly over their property. Of course not a single drone manufacturer joined his crusade because they knew the futility of his con. Korody had a great article on it here: NoFlyZone.org Is No More | Drone Business Center

UASidekick is a good company. I'm not promoting them, I just believe in them. I also suggest Skyward for folks who need a LAANC authorization. Especially if they need a manual request. They have great people that work there, and they support the industry. Are both of those companies wanting to make money? OF course. But NOT in an underhanded manner.

Also, UASidekick is an app. There is no "coming soon" webpage. See for yourself. UASidekick – The Ultimate UAS Pilot Assistant

Come out from behind your screen name and defend the above facts.

One more thing.

Your diatribe is about 12 months out of date.

I've decided to expend my energies on the positive side of the UAS industry in America. We even invited AirMap onto our podcast. It fell through. We couldn't come up with an agreeable subject or format. Which his a shame. Mr. Hose (AirMap CEO) lives about 30 miles from me. It would have been nice to sit down and have a beer with him. That's unlikely to happen now. Oh well.

Also, I will agree with part of your above statement. AirMap as a drone app works great. Which makes things even sadder.

They were positioned to be a big player for UAS rights and have a large supportive following. Instead the took the darker path of industry subterfuge, and painted a rosy picture of their company. The issue is that this industry is very small, and there is a core of industry leaders that all talk together frequently. All it took was for one of those group members to severe ties with AirMap, and leak the reason why to the rest of that group (who actually care about and vehemently support this industry) to make it widely known about their underhanded dealings.

As I said, that is a shame. They have a great product, but the only people who use don't understand the industry, or just don't care.

Which one of those groups do you belong to Mr. DroneB?

And yes, I am part of that group described above.

Every person who is anybody in this industry shares my feelings and knowledge of AirMap. I do not lead that charge.

Reactions: BigAl07
Glad to hear you finally admit you're a part of the Skyward group. Not too long ago, you denied it. I don't belong to any group, totally independent. All I know is that I've tried to use Skyward. It doesn't work for me. Doesn't work on my Android phone. The desktop version is bloated; too many clicks to get anywhere. I do know that Airmap has worked flawlessly on my phone for 2+ years. Honestly, after all the dissing you've done to Airmap, I wouldn't do business with you no matter what. As business goes, the more you diss on Airmap, the worse you look. Be a big man and put your energy into improving Skyward. It needs it.

popcorn1.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20