Painting the P3 professional landing gear is removal hard?

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting an extra P3 professional set of gear and painting them black as a nice mod.
Amazon has them with compass pre-installed. My question is will I have to open the case to install them or can I just swap them.

I recently sold my P3P so I cannot go and look.... but I think you can pop open the compass holder so you do not have to open the shell.... but I'm going on memory (and I'm old!) :rolleyes::p

Why do you even need to replace them? Just take your time and mask off everything and spray them without removing. It should look great when done!

I just replaced the shell on my P3A, so I know the answer. To utilize the pre-installed compass on the new landing gear, you would need to open the shell because the compass cable plugs into the top of the motherboard.
To utilize the existing compass, you would not have to open the shell, but change compass on the existing legs.
I agree with the suggestion that masking would be easier.

I just replaced my P3P gear due to a cracked leg. The new gear did come a compass. I chose to use the original because I didn't want to open the shell. The real pain of the job is freeing the compass from the glue that DJI used to secure the compass. Don't know what that stuff is but it sticks to plastic very well and remains soft after it dries.

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl