P4Pv2.0 + DJI Goggles (White version)

Reaction score
So today, I've received my new P4PV2.0.
I set out to connect the DJI White Goggles with it, without success.
I've read both the P4PV2.0 manual and the DJI Goggles manual.
Really confused because the P4PV2.0 manual does not mention anything regarding linking/pairing to goggles and the goggles manual, does not specifically mention the P4PV2.0 linking instructions.
Can I connect my P4PV2.0 wirelessly to the goggles?
If so, would anyone be kind enough to post the steps?
I searched around and so far, seen the comments where, yes, they will connect wirelessly, however, my goggles fail to see the P4P.

Steps I've taken thus far;
1. Turn controller on.
2. Launched the DJI Go4 app.
3.Power on the P4PV2.0
4.Power on the goggles.
5.Clicked on settings/linking (goggles do not display dialogue for connecting to anything other than a Mavic Pro.

TIA

So today, I've received my new P4PV2.0.
I set out to connect the DJI White Goggles with it, without success.
I've read both the P4PV2.0 manual and the DJI Goggles manual.
Really confused because the P4PV2.0 manual does not mention anything regarding linking/pairing to goggles and the goggles manual, does not specifically mention the P4PV2.0 linking instructions.
Can I connect my P4PV2.0 wirelessly to the goggles?
If so, would anyone be kind enough to post the steps?
I searched around and so far, seen the comments where, yes, they will connect wirelessly, however, my goggles fail to see the P4P.

Steps I've taken thus far;
1. Turn controller on.
2. Launched the DJI Go4 app.
3.Power on the P4PV2.0
4.Power on the goggles.
5.Clicked on settings/linking (goggles do not display dialogue for connecting to anything other than a Mavic Pro.

TIA
You have to activate them first,,I brought mine years ago from Noel Lemmings store so I had them activate them since I thought they just conect also,(no longer own them,motion sickness lol )memory bad so cant remember process,,see if this clip below help you,,,2 ways to activate, 1,,PC with DJI ASSISTANT 2-------2,,DJIGO4 APP and select MOBILE DEVICE instead of PC in the activation list they give......

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to activate them first,,I brought mine years ago from Noel Lemmings store so I had them activate them since I thought they just conect also,(no longer own them,motion sickness lol )memory bad so cant remember process,,see if this clip below help you,,,2 ways to activate, 1,,PC with DJI ASSISTANT 2-------2,,DJIGO4 APP and select MOBILE DEVICE instead of PC in the activation list they give......
I forgot to mention, these are an old pair of goggles I bought off ebay, I used them with a Air2S I had before.

I may be wrong about the P4PV2.0 ( I have P4P) but to my understanding only the Mavic Pro connects to
the white goggles wireless . and all other DJI Phantoms need either USB or HDMI cables . I use HDMI with
my P4P but connect wireless with my Mavic Pro . As I said I could be wrong about the P4PV2.0 , best of luck.

I may be wrong about the P4PV2.0 ( I have P4P) but to my understanding only the Mavic Pro connects to
the white goggles wireless . and all other DJI Phantoms need either USB or HDMI cables . I use HDMI with
my P4P but connect wireless with my Mavic Pro . As I said I could be wrong about the P4PV2.0 , best of luck.
Think you might be correct, I used to own a MP Platinum that connected wirelessly to the goggles.
I also used them, wired to the HDMI output of a SC with an Air2S I also used to own.

I forgot to mention, these are an old pair of goggles I bought off ebay, I used them with a Air2S I had before.
Ha yip vital info that used part ,,no wireless ocusync conection with p4p
Screenshot_20220624-083615_Google.jpg

Reactions: Starz
You CAN connect the goggles wirelessly to a V2.0 - which you have.

If your goggles don't show 'Phantom 4 Pro V2.0' as an option in the linking settings (they should), all I can think of is that their firmware may be pre V2.0. You can upgrade the firmware with 'DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)'.

If you succeed in updating the firmware and can see the P4P V2.0 option in the linking section, in addition to the steps you mentioned above, you need to be prepared to press the linking button on the drone (use a small piece of wire or similar). Once you've initiated the linking via the goggles, you get sixty seconds (I think) to press the linking button - which you need to hold down for a second or two. The linking button will flash when engaged, and it should take less than10 seconds after that for the goggles to connect.

Edit: And here my memory might be failing me, but I think you will also be prompted to connect your controller after connecting the goggles. Once again you will need to press the linking button. The FPV doesn't transmit to the RC screen when you have it set up for the goggles, but you have access to all the settings. And if your RC screen is connected to the internet (or is able to cache the maps), you can display the 'map view' during flight.

Last edited:

If your goggles don't show 'Phantom 4 Pro V2.0' as an option in the linking settings (they should), all I can think of is that their firmware may be pre V2.0. You can upgrade the firmware with 'DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)'.

If you succeed in updating the firmware and can see the P4P V2.0 option in the linking section, in addition to the steps you mentioned above, you need to be prepared to press the linking button on the drone (you'll need a small piece of wire or similar). Once you've initiated the linking via the goggles, you get sixty seconds (I think) to press the linking button - which you need to hold down for a second or two. The linking button will flash when engaged, and it should take less than10 seconds after that for the goggles to connect.

Edit: And here my memory might be failing me, but I think you will also be prompted to connect your controller after connecting the goggles. Once again you will need to press the linking button. The FPV doesn't transmit to the RC screen when you have it set up for the goggles, but you have access to all the settings. And if your RC screen is connected to the internet (or is able to cache the maps), you can display the 'map view' during flight.

Yes good info there @Pygar70 ,,I read this earlier and thought it should,,,yip sounds like a update is needed
I guess the previous googles manual needs a update also
20220624_200044.jpg

If you succeed in updating the firmware and can see the P4P V2.0 option in the linking section, in addition to the steps you mentioned above, you need to be prepared to press the linking button on the drone (use a small piece of wire or similar). Once you've initiated the linking via the goggles, you get sixty seconds (I think) to press the linking button - which you need to hold down for a second or two. The linking button will flash when engaged, and it should take less than10 seconds after that for the goggles to connect.

Yeah, no luck there either. I've installed DJI Assistant on both of my PC's; a Windows 10 machine and a Mac M1 Mini, to no avail.

Well, standby. Tried a different cable and this time, I was able to succesfully upgrade the firmware on the goggles. I'm going to attempt now to connect them to the Phantom...
The problem possibly is that a lot of cables out there are for charge only and not for data transmission, if you found a cable that has data, and it appears you have keep it separate from your other cable and mark it!!!

SUCESS!
Boy, am I a happy camper now!
WOOHOO!!!!
😁
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, thank you!

Hi @gcopter1 , did it connect wirelessly to the goggles? I have the P4Pv2 but have the goggles Racing Ed (black ones), it connects without a cable. I only just bought the goggles (second hand) so I haven't been able to take it out yet. Looking forward to flying it in FPV :D

The problem possibly is that a lot of cables out there are for charge only and not for data transmission, if you found a cable that has data, and it appears you have keep it separate from your other cable and mark it!!!
@chazzm I had this same issue when pairing the goggles (RE) to my laptop (DJI Assistant). Wouldn't pair/connect over and over, with different versions of the Assistant app. Then I thought to try a differnt USB cable and it paired! (immediately tossed the other cable)

Hi @gcopter1 , did it connect wirelessly to the goggles? I have the P4Pv2 but have the goggles Racing Ed (black ones), it connects without a cable. I only just bought the goggles (second hand) so I haven't been able to take it out yet. Looking forward to flying it in FPV :D
Yes, they did connect wirelessly.
Ensure the goggles firmware is up to date, initially I had problems getting the app to connect to my goggles (due to wrong wires used), soon as I tried another pair of wires, app connected to goggles and was able to update the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20