P4Pro range (EU)

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering what sort of range people are getting in Europe...im UK based. I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed to be getting 1200ms stock and 1600 with windsurfers. My P3Pro could have pushed almost 3000ms stock but the p4 is pathetic in comparison. I've done the 2.4/5.8 thing and I'm finding 5.8 works best. I'm quite rural but have tried different locations with no improvement.
I see the yanks on here chatting distances I can only dream of lol.

I'm from Hungary and can get 4800 meters in rural area on 2.4 GHz if there is nothing between the drone and transmitter. However the distance falls drastically if clear line of sight isn't possible. I found 5.8 has a very poor range even in the middle of nowhere.

I'm from Hungary and can get 4800 meters in rural area on 2.4 GHz if there is nothing between the drone and transmitter. However the distance falls drastically if clear line of sight isn't possible. I found 5.8 has a very poor range even in the middle of nowhere.
That's really interesting. Here in the US were finding 5.8 is superior to 2.4Ghz, which defies logic, but P4P definitely works best on 5.8 AUTO.

My P3P easily goes 2.5 miles with the hack on custom channel 30 and transmission quality set to 4mbps with a Windsurfer installed. However my P4 struggled to get 1 mile because DJI detuned the RC. When using an older Inspire 1 controller my P4 will go 2.5 miles like P3P.

My P4P struggles on 2.4 to get 2 miles, because it's been detuned also, IMO, but on 5.8Ghz it will go 4+ miles with LOS connection and Windsurfer.

Conventional logic would expect 2.4Ghz to have better range, but DJI has done something that allows 5.8 Ghz to excel with 4+ mile range with P4P in real world usage, not just rural environments..

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies lads...my line of sight is clear so it can't be the issue. If the winds calm down a bit at the weekend ill try it at the beach out to sea and see if there's any improvement.
Don't get me wrong 1.5k is plenty for any mission but it would be nice to have a bit more for back up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl