P4Pro or wait for P5?

Reaction score
I am about to order a drone, I have settled (I think) on the P4 Pro...

With that said, what are the historical release dates for the new models each year? If the P5 is due in just a few months I can wait for that. Obviously DJI hasn't announced anything, but what have they done historically?

DJI has been released a new Phantom model around March for the past couple of years. They never announce it ahead of time, so there is no telling what they will do next year.

As for technology in general, the next best thing will always be around the corner if you keep waiting.

You can expect to a get new model in your hand by Apr May 2017 though nothing confirmed.

If you don't have any drone, you can go for P4P now but if you have P3P or P4, you may wait for P5.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would wait for the p5 but buy the p4p once p5 comes out cuz you know the price is gonna drop on the p4p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with alokbhargava.
Yes, so that means buy a P4 today because the price has dropped from being one generation old. But if you want the latest tech today, wait for P5 release and start all over, buy P4P. This strategy will certainly save cash, if money is tight.

Yes, so that means buy a P4 today because the price has dropped from being one generation old. But if you want the latest tech today, wait for P5 release and start all over, buy P4P. This strategy will certainly save cash, if money is tight.
If I would not have any craft I would buy the P4P. This is like when I was looking into getting a real quad, I had no dji products and the H was comming out and the P4 and I was considering a P3 for the price. My wife was the catalist for me because she said "you like tech stuff so get the P4" I don't regret my purchase.

With that said, what are the historical release dates for the new models each year? If the P5 is due in just a few months I can wait for that. Obviously DJI hasn't announced anything, but what have they done historically?

The P4 is a great drone, and the P4P seems to be close to perfection. If i were you, i´d go with that. There will always be a new model of "everyting" around the corner these days. When the P5 comes, would it be wise to wait for the P5P and so on...

I agree, it's just like cellphones, you will never have the latest and greatest cuz technology these days moves so fast. So I would wait for the p5 release, this way the p4p drops, buy the p4p and stick with that untill the p5p :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously but if they change the overall platform a p4 vs p5 may be a huge difference.

Unless you require the unique features of the Inspire, the P4P would be the better buy.

Unless you require the unique features of the Inspire, the P4P would be the better buy.
what about the inspire 1 v2?

The Inspire is a "looker" for sure. But with the release of the P4P i think the Inspire 1 (with the standard camera) falls short of just about everyting. Maybe a bit more stable in high winds due to its weight, but asides from that, the P4P seems better in most cases.

There will always be something new coming down the pike after you settle on something. You only live once, every day you delay is a day you won't get back. Buy something and go flying! Cheers

The Inspire is a "looker" for sure. But with the release of the P4P i think the Inspire 1 (with the standard camera) falls short of just about everyting. Maybe a bit more stable in high winds due to its weight, but asides from that, the P4P seems better in most cases.
The trick setup for inspection work seems to be the Inspire with 3X optical zoom, the Z3.

If you wait for the newest and best one you'll never get one.Just go for it.
The p4 is great and if you have the money go for the p4p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.