P4P vs 1

Reaction score
I have searched, and searched, without an answer. So trying here. My P4P has never crashed or been abused. Firmware is up to date. Here is what it is doing.

Controller will not connect to drone. I was outside trying to fly. Finally after many tries not connecting, shut down and came back to condo. Set it up on table. Now the red light on controller comes on and it beeps. Read I should relink, so I did. After many tries moving the sticks it quit beeping. But, it will not connect to the drone. I have started/stopped MANY times. Tried starting controller than drone...nope. Reversed...nope. Sometimes I get video feed, but it still shows disconnected. Next time, no video. Sometimes I can start motors, sometimes not. Sometimes the controller beeps, next time it doesn't.
I use a Samsung S7 Android phone with no service. Changed cables. Connected to my Samsung S8 with cell service and internet. Nope. Went to a Samsung 10 1/2 tablet; still no go. Controller never connected to drone.
Bottom line; I cannot fly it. So any help from you experts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks....

Usually when a phantom controller is beeping, it can be corrected by a stick calibration. Part of that process includes the left scroll wheel.

Usually when a phantom controller is beeping, it can be corrected by a stick calibration. Part of that process includes the left scroll wheel.
Yes, I read that and did that and it worked...once. It is inconsistent when starting the controller. Sometimes it beeps, then next try it doesn't. I tried to fly again yesterday. No beeping, but it would not connect to the drone. This time motors would not start, and no video feed. Just flat out no connection.
This bird has been perfect for years...guess I have been lucky; until now.
Glad I had my Mavic Pro as a backup.

The little button reconnect RC to Drone. I had to do it when my drone came back from DJI for repair. It’s been a while but I think you make sure both units are powered on and put them close together and hold button for like 4-5 seconds. I think it’s like a hard reset. But it worked. Hope this help get your AC reconnected. Stay safe and happy flying.

The little button reconnect RC to Drone. I had to do it when my drone came back from DJI for repair. It’s been a while but I think you make sure both units are powered on and put them close together and hold button for like 4-5 seconds. I think it’s like a hard reset. But it worked. Hope this help get your AC reconnected. Stay safe and happy flying.
Wow! That just might be the answer! Wonder why I couldn't find anything when searching? Will definitely try that this morning....Thank you!!

When you calibrated the sticks, you didn’t finish or it has to be repeated every time you fly. The scroll wheel at the end of calibration is very important including hitting Finish when done.
The side button to relink is pressed (toothpick) for a second and it will flash trying to locate the remote which should be beeping in link mode (in app)

Reactions: lasersbee
You guys are great! Fingers crossed that this works. Wonder whey after years of flying the P4P that this happened. It had only been about 10 days since I had flown it. Darn Gremlins....

Well it wasn't that simple. All lights are correct, but still will not connect to P4P. Green little light on the P4P, not a red light. Tried with and without app. When I tried the reconnect instructions via Go4 app on my Android, it said, "Confirm Frequency Settings". My choice is either 'Cancel', or 'Ok'. Clicked on okay and it goes back to 'Remote Controller Linking'.
Any search for frequency settings requires a connection to aircraft....the 'ol Catch 22'. Back to square one. At a loss......

Well it wasn't that simple. All lights are correct, but still will not connect to P4P. Green little light on the P4P, not a red light. Tried with and without app. When I tried the reconnect instructions via Go4 app on my Android, it said, "Confirm Frequency Settings". My choice is either 'Cancel', or 'Ok'. Clicked on okay and it goes back to 'Remote Controller Linking'.
Any search for frequency settings requires a connection to aircraft....the 'ol Catch 22'. Back to square one. At a loss......
Make sure you link P4P with frequency at 5.8 or it will not connect. You can switch to 2.4 afterwards. P4 links with only 2.4. Think you solved the problem.

Also be sure your remote is set for P4P as it can be set to P4 and P4A as well. It’s under advanced settings in settings, scroll to bottom of page. Then go to frequency and confirm 5.8. Then link with app.

Also be sure your remote is set for P4P as it can be set to P4 and P4A as well. It’s under advanced settings in settings, scroll to bottom of page. Then go to frequency and confirm 5.8. Then link with app.
Not sure how to set remote to P4P. I selected P4P in the Go4 app. "Under advanced settings"...I looked under 'Remote Controller Settings' and there is no Advanced settings there. Maybe due to not connected to the aircraft. When I click on 'Remote Controller Linking' and it says "confirm frequency settings" with either 'Cancel' or 'Ok'. I do know it's 5.8 from some time ago when it connected. Since I am not connected, under 'Image Transmission Settings', "Work Frequency", it says, "N/A"
Without being connected, cant do much...at a stand still.

Not sure how to set remote to P4P. I selected P4P in the Go4 app. "Under advanced settings"...I looked under 'Remote Controller Settings' and there is no Advanced settings there. Maybe due to not connected to the aircraft. When I click on 'Remote Controller Linking' and it says "confirm frequency settings" with either 'Cancel' or 'Ok'. I do know it's 5.8 from some time ago when it connected. Since I am not connected, under 'Image Transmission Settings', "Work Frequency", it says, "N/A"
Without being connected, cant do much...at a stand still.
Sorry for bad pics but don't need aircraft only remote. You have to touch the one already on screen to see the choices. Only your selection then shows. Hope you find the answer
20220318_112603_HDR.jpg

20220318_112712_HDR.jpg

Also...under General Settings, About, it shows 'Remote Controller', 1.1.5 Don't know what that means. Also, right below that under "Remote Controller SN, it says, 'N/A. Since it's under Remote Controller, thought I would post.
Sorry for bad pics but don't need aircraft only remote. You have to touch the one already on screen to see the choices. Only your selection then shows. Hope you find the answer
View attachment 123728
View attachment 123729

Capt KO....sorry for the delay. Had to go pound my head against a wall.
Could not read those photos. Exactly how do I get there and what do you mean by:
"You have to touch the one already on screen to see the choices".
Step by step might help...Thanks.

Under Adv settings touch the Phantom listed and all 3 P4’s show up.
Under image transmission touch 5.8 or 2.4 to show both.
P4P needs 5.8 to link. P4 needs 2.4 to link. When showing P4P in Advanced settings and 5.8 in Image Trans, it should connect following link steps shown in Go4.
Only Device and remote need to be on for settings, then link to P4P.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues