P4P V2 - Gimbal problem

Reaction score
Hello.
After a fall from ~3 meters a gimbal was injured.
A view from camera was OK. I immediately took Phantom to the nearest drone shop with service (not the official DJI service) but after few weeks they told me that they don't now how to repair that.
I've tried to realise what's up with gimbal on my own. I've replaced the yaw motor (and kept the old enclosure, there was no damage on magnet) but with no visible improvement - only the yaw motor started moving but not at all (the problem is showed on video). Ribbon cable's electrical contacts were cleaned by myself (nothing changed). Surface of the cable looks OK. It seems that the roll motor is dead. I've tried to calibrate all things but with no result.

What do you recommend to do? Are the non-original screws can be a problem (they have a right length but maybe different weight than OEM)?

Link to the video showing the problem:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'm looking forward to your opinion.

Regards,
Wojciech

Replace ribbon but only use DJI. Usually no damage visible but fail with every crash or hard landing. I replace with yaw motor. Save your parts, still good. Should work fine after replacement.
Ps, screws fine, only prop motors length critical.

Any one of the gimbal motors being damaged can cause this. Or it could be the ESC board. I recommend it be professionally checked.

Reactions: lasersbee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic