P4p v2- calibrating IMU taking a LONG time

Reaction score
Hi gang. Received the new v2 today. Charged a couple batteries & figured i should do an IMU calibration first thing.

Wanted to start it immediately on startup- but because it was the first time I had to Log in & do the usual First Time setup stuff.
So it was a few minutes before I could hit the Calibrate IMU button.

So now it's been sitting here for well over 5 min and the progress line has been at about 95% there- and not moving for a long time.
And it says "Calibrating. Please wait. "

How long should I wait??

The status actually said Normal before I began. But since it came from China to Chicago, I figured it should be done. Hmmmm

Are you doing the IMU calibration like this?

Reactions: Loz
After writing this i of course found a YouTube vid explaining how to do it. Putting it on each side then it's back to complete. Duh !
Seems all good. Hopefully I'll have a chance tomorrow for a test run...

The status actually said Normal before I began. But since it came from China to Chicago, I figured it should be done.
China-Chicago means nothing to the IMU.
There should be no need to calibrate the IMU for a brand new Phantom ... or the compass.
If it was necessary DJI would say so in the manual.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Oops.
Well, done now. Still says normal- so that's good.
Really don't think I need to calibrate the compass? I'll try it as long as it says it's good to go.

Really don't think I need to calibrate the compass?
You shouldn't need to calibrate the compass. But, I always calibrate it before flying a new drone for the first time.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
China-Chicago means nothing to the IMU.
There should be no need to calibrate the IMU for a brand new Phantom ... or the compass.
If it was necessary DJI would say so in the manual.
I agree. I've opened and flown out of the box many times, just as recently as last week. I don't touch the IMU I don't even calibrate the compass unless it says to. Compass and IMU are set for EARTH as far as I'm concerned.

I recently subscribed to Airdata UAV gold plan. They have a drone and battery maintenance schedule. The drone has three levels of maintenance, Basic, Extended, and Full. On the Extended they have you performing a IMU, Compass, and Gimbal calibration after a certain number of flights or Airtime.

IMG_0267.jpg

After you upload your all your flight logs you’ll see total log time as well as your total airtime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik