P4P - Stability v. Mavic Pro - Take II

Reaction score

Wind was from 10:30 position so perhaps "roiled" by the buildings a bit. 8 knots / 12 - 14 in gusts.

Had to reposition the MP once.

At one point I had to move the P4P back towards its nominal position and screwed it up and took a 2nd shot at it.

Before the flight I calibrated the P4P IMU. (Not the MP - that was done last week).

Last edited:
upload_2017-4-25_15-55-48.png

upload_2017-4-25_15-58-6.png

Looks pretty similar, at some points the P4P was moving a bit more than the Mavic and sometimes the opposite. Seems like kind of a draw for all practical purposes.

Reactions: PhantomEvan
Both handled very well! This seems accurate. Although if the wind picks up is where the p4p would shine. The mavic for its size, handles amazing! I will post the vid of my p4p hovering in about a hour or so when I can get it off the iPad at my house onto my phone.

Both handled very well! This seems accurate. Although if the wind picks up is where the p4p would shine. The mavic for its size, handles amazing! I will post the vid of my p4p hovering in about a hour or so when I can get it off the iPad at my house onto my phone.

No real difference from the other video - the other vid the camera was closer, so made the P4P look worse than it was.

Very nice follow up. Yeah, they look just about equal to me and looking at this a bit closer I'd wager that although the P4P presents a somewhat larger frontal (and side/rear) area I'd surmise that the drag coefficient is lower so perhaps the actual aerodynamic drag is pretty nearly the same. They both have dual IMU's etc and are of the same generation so the control system is no doubt about equal as well. I've bitched about the image processing that DJI does, but as an aerial platform DJI frickin smokes the competition.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl