Stability - P4P v MP - mild wind hover

Well, I'm just saying judging on reviews I've seen, the p4p is more stable overall. And not to mention, your p4p is as stable as my old p3s. There might be something wrong with it. Mine has had heavier winds and never moved like that. Try a imu maybe?

It was @AlanTheBeast's test, not mine. I was just pointing out that there is no single "stability" measurement. Noting that your P4P looks more stable in one situation relative to a different P4P in a different situation is not meaningful, not least because the wind field is defined by far more than just speed.

It was @AlanTheBeast's test, not mine. I was just pointing out that there is no single "stability" measurement. Noting that your P4P looks more stable in one situation relative to a different P4P in a different situation is not meaningful, not least because the wind field is defined by far more than just speed.
Well, in my test I was flying in more winds then his test. My wind was a sustained 10 mph, with 15 mph gusts. No mvormemnt at all. I also even took it about one foot from the ground just to see if it moved and the most it did was just shake. No movement. Although I did not get the video of the p4p close to the ground, in the video I'll post it was about 4-5 feet off the ground.

Well, in my test I was flying in more winds then his test. My wind was a sustained 10 mph, with 15 mph gusts. No mvormemnt at all. I also even took it about one foot from the ground just to see if it moved and the most it did was just shake. No movement. Although I did not get the video of the p4p close to the ground, in the video I'll post it was about 4-5 feet off the ground.

And that's fine if we accept that both his and your estimates of wind conditions were accurate, and that there were similar amounts of turbulence. Not very scientific though. If you could find a Mavic to put up side-by-side with your P4P this would be much more useful.

Just to be clear - I'm not arguing that you are wrong - just that your observations, on their own, do not make the case.

And that's fine if we accept that both his and your estimates of wind conditions were accurate, and that there were similar amounts of turbulence. Not very scientific though. If you could find a Mavic to put up side-by-side with your P4P this would be much more useful.

Just to be clear - I'm not arguing that you are wrong - just that your observations, on their own, do not make the case.
Once I can post the video, we can compare both.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164