P4P Shipping Thread

Order has been placed with DJI for the Pro without the screen. Payment is currently authorized. I used PayPal. Now the wait begins.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I ordered a P4P on nov/16 without display. 1 to 2 weeks to shipping. Waiting sooo bad... I also ordered a Mavic, on nov/10, but I'll receive it next year. 6 to 8 weeks to shipping. :(

It does appear, from what I have seen, that there is possibly much less demand for the Phantom 4 Pro than there is for the Mavic Pro. I'm seeing some buzz about the Phantom 4 Pro, but definitely not to the scale that there was/is for the Mavic Pro.

I'm guess it is due to the timing of the announcement. The Mavic Pro announcement came out several months prior to the holiday season when people had some spare cash to spend prior to Christmas. Now that Chrstmas is a touch more than a month away, people are a little tighter with their money, especially if they've already bought the Mavic Pro or recently purchased the Phantom 4.

The good news is that, with the lower demand (if that is the case), there should be no shipping shortages.

It does appear, from what I have seen, that there is possibly much less demand for the Phantom 4 Pro than there is for the Mavic Pro. I'm seeing some buzz about the Phantom 4 Pro, but definitely not to the scale that there was/is for the Mavic Pro.

I'm guess it is due to the timing of the announcement. The Mavic Pro announcement came out several months prior to the holiday season when people had some spare cash to spend prior to Christmas. Now that Chrstmas is a touch more than a month away, people are a little tighter with their money, especially if they've already bought the Mavic Pro or recently purchased the Phantom 4.

The good news is that, with the lower demand (if that is the case), there should be no shipping shortages.
Also the Mavic was a completely different form factor, which creates a lot of buzz because it is something everyone can understand. The better camera specs and collision avoidance features of the P4P are significant to drone fans, but probably don't stand out quite the same way with the general public.

And I hope you are right about the no shipping shortages... once burned, twice shy. :(

Last edited:
The Mavic tapped into a part of the drone market that has not been exploited very well yet, small and portable, but high end features like collision avoidance and auto flight modes etc. It appeals to both people who own a drone (as there was nothing like it before) and first time users which is the growth potential of the market.

I ordered the P4P and extra batteries from the DJI Store. I now see the batteries say 3-4 weeks..Wonder if this will delay the shipping of the P4P?

we're thinking that since it was not a package deal, that maybe they will go ahead and ship the aircraft separately.

I'm itching! Perhaps it will ship tomorrow?

Umm, the P4P was announced more than a month before Christmas and should begin shipping, if we take them at there word, exactly a month before Christmas. So, there will be HIGH demand. Frankly, DJI appears to have reasons that they could make a huge killing by having three new drones for sale during the Christmas season. Expect delays for the P4P and many weeks delays for the new batteries.

Brian

The "plus" indicates the version with the DJI factory screen on the controller yes?
That's right.

I'm wondering if the carrying case will be any good. It's got to be better than the cardboard box with eggcrate cardboard that came with my previous Phantoms. :cool: One of the best things about the Autel X-Star is that it came with a decent hard case that, with some rearrangement of the foam inside, can hold a Phantom as well as it holds the X-Star.

we're thinking that since it was not a package deal, that maybe they will go ahead and ship the aircraft separately.

I asked the "chat" at DJI Store that exact question, and they said that likely shipping would split the order, and not delay the P4P+ and would ship ahead of the extra battery i ordered, if need be ..... fwiiw.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl