P4P red screen on iPad and SD

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to find this problem in a search. The P4P is only giving me a red picture on my device, iPad, and on my regularly used SD card.
After receiving the unit, upon start up the camera would jiggle after going through its paces and shortly there after a gimbal overheating warning came on. But I did have a decent picture. Upon start up today, I received a RC firmware update required notice. Had to, but it went fine and happily, it fixed the jiggle and gimble overheat. Was happy, until I looked at the screen, red. Huh? Looked but can’t find anything, and tearing into is no problem, just don’t know what to try.

Thanks, Capt

Yes, refreshed the firmware, no change. Open box out of warranty.

IMG_0526.jpg

Last edited:
The AC and the RC had to be connected during the firmware update. That’s the only reason I can think of that the camera problems were solved. No idea what changed, except that earlier gimble overheat possibly did something. Overheated ribbon? I just don’t know. It’s OK to throw darts but I hope somebody has seen this before. Thanks again

Yeh that's a new one,I have seen the dreaded red screen of death on iPads but this not seem that issue cause you can see,,,have you tried simple reinstall of app ? Your post bugged me all day and I still cant find nothing either,,,,oh other idea was does screen change when trying different cam settings instead of 4k,,,,

Thanks for the reply Ian. Doesn’t matter what setting the camera is on. Hope I haven’t fried the camera itself. I have three P4P’s, so as last resort, I can start swapping parts until I find the cause. That’s allot of work if I can’t find help, But doable. HELP lol
Capt
If we find the cause, at least I can help the next pilot.

Couldn't be the pad issue as the section with telemetry on is OK.
As I see this is because one out of three RGB canals is off. If there was an overheating situation before some contact to the sensor can be out or more likely the sensor itself is broken.

Reactions: Capt KO
Couldn't be the pad issue as the section with telemetry on is OK.
As I see this is because one out of three RGB canals is off. If there was an overheating situation before some contact to the sensor can be out or more likely the sensor itself is broken.
I’ll be getting into it soon. Let you know what I find.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic